01/04/2012 08:00 PM

NEW MEMBERS CLICK HERE!!!!(page 23)

ministermom

I'm an Advocate

Hi, Dimari! Welcome to the group!

01/05/2012 10:36 AM
BostonGirlD
BostonGirlD  

Thanks Everyone! You guys already seem awesome!

02/20/2012 07:19 AM
joentysmom
joentysmom  

Hi Amanda and Welcome!!! This is a great site here with alot of useful information to help cope with anxiety. I also came to realization within the last few months that my health problems are too from anxiety/ panic attacks. Get checked out to make sure thats all it is. Glad you found this site!!

02/20/2012 09:38 AM
ministermom

I'm an Advocate

Hi, Amanda. First let me say I am SO sorry that you went through so many close calls with self-imposed near deaths.. That is tramatic for people who have NOT tried themselves, butfor those who could relate to the desperation it makes it even worse. We have heard MANY time I want to just listen ... but we are a neat addiction! We are addicted to giving comfort and support and understanding, and you will as part of your recovery want to be more involved. BUT if all you want to do is listen we will love you doing that too.

It is a difficult thing when you have panic attacks when there are also other issues involved. And worrying about your health issues, then panicing can make the healh issues worse. So it is a viscous cycle.

Some people have found it helpful to find a trigger. I have heart failure (dont worry friends I aint going NOWHERE!) and with depression I found my trigger so I did not allow it to cause more depression. I found comfort in friends and information and decisions ofhow to NOT give in. If you know you are near a trigger, try squeezing a Koosk ball. (I found a good source if anyone needs it.)

Gett8ing ready to go out as a family so I will write more leter. Welcome to the famiy!

02/20/2012 10:33 AM
PhilPhil46
PhilPhil46  
Group Leader
I'm an Advocate

Hi Amanda,

Welcome! So glad you found this site Smile

There's alot of support here, great people who care and understand.

Panic attack sensations suck and are scary, but they are harmless. Once you believe that it becomes less frightening.

I'm glad you didn't harm yourself. Yes break ups hurt and in time those hurts heal. I remember the years of broken hearts, not a good time. ;(

Is your friend seeking help? I just wondered, because she called you. It may look dark, hopeless and bleak at times, but when properly diagnosed and the right treatment plan is found, it's much easier to deal with.

Theres alot of useful information here, and caring people ready to listen and offer advice from there own experiences, but please keep commnications open with your Doctor.

Your are not alone, you have all of us here now. Quiet is ok, but don't let some of us loud mouths scare you off lol Smile

This group has made a big impact on how I cope with panic attacks and the support is life changing.

02/22/2012 06:24 PM
jonfir

Hi my name is Jonah. I am here because I think I've panic attack. I'm not officially diagnosed yet. I've the telltale symptoms for close to four months or so. Today I went to see a therapist. It was a first meeting and notjing substantial happened. I've an appointment in two weeks and looking forward to it. I felt really good after my meeting which is more than I can say for how I'm feeling right now. I'm having some symptoms of anxiety but I'm trying to bring it under control. GOod to find this website. I'd be sharing more in my next post. Cheers.

02/22/2012 07:45 PM
njhoppe
njhoppe  
Group Leader

Hi jonfir and welcome. We're so glad you found us! You will find alot of caring people here and we're always ready to listen and help.

Hugs,

nj

02/23/2012 07:55 AM
PhilPhil46
PhilPhil46  
Group Leader
I'm an Advocate

Hi jonfir! Smile

Glad you found this site! Lots of useful information and caring people here, who understand and live it.

Join in anytime with your questions and concerns.

you are not alone in this, you have this site and all of us now to support you.

As you develop new tools and relaxing methods that work for you, it does get easier to cope in time.

02/23/2012 04:44 PM
mrsdg

Hi Everybody! I am so glad I have found this group. I started having panic attacks about 18 years ago shortly after my mom died suddenly at age 53. I was 26 at the time and just married for 4 months. I was taking Zoloft which helped but stupidly weaned off of it because the attacks stopped. Well surprise, surprise, they are back again! I get them mainly at night before I go to sleep or if I am woken up during the night. I always feel like there is something medically wrong with me and that I am going to die. I freak out about leaving my 8 year old son without a mom and him going through what I did. My big thing is the pain in my arms and now legs and the tingling/numb feeling.

I am going to a new General Practice doctor in 2 weeks to talk to her, get a physical and hopefully she can help me find another doctor to deal with the panic.

Sorry this is a little long! I am happy to learn I am not alone and I hope to learn more about how to get this under control and feel "normal" again!

02/23/2012 04:48 PM
kildare56
kildare56  
Group Leader
I'm an Advocate

mrsdog, you are FAR from the only one. Every one of us has been through it. There are many here wiser than I who will help you see the path to follow. Good luck!

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 23 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved