PhilPhil46
PhilPhil46  
Group Leader
I'm an Advocate

Ditto! Smile

12/31/2011 09:45 PM
ministermom

I'm an Advocate

Happy New Years, family! Let's share some goals for this year (also known as resolutions.)My goal is to discover the stressors in my life, decide which stressors can be eliminated, and which stressors can be dealt with differently, then keep a journal of how I am doing facing these. My second goal is to look at what behaviours cause me difficulty, what I can do to change that behaviour, and what to put off until the other goals are met. And lastly, share my strengths in situations with my Panic Attack family! What about yours?

01/01/2012 04:51 AM
lilbit7711
lilbit7711  

my goal(s) for this year is to stop having panic attacks and take my life back. My goal is to not sit in the house all year long and miss every little thing again. I am going to learn to deal with this some way somehow

01/01/2012 10:34 AM
ministermom

I'm an Advocate

I am so proud of you for TAKING THAT as your goal. But I don't want you to set yourself up for disappointment (Not failure because you can get better!) SO i ENCOURAGE you to try and identify your trigger. That will be a major thing in and of itself. Then see if you can find why the trigger causes panic. That is a MAJOR second step. Then try and develop a plan on what to do when the trigger starts - fourth major challenge. Then tweak the plan until the attacks stop or lessen. It may take more than a year, but each step is a victory to be celebrated, and I look forward to celebrating them with you!

01/01/2012 06:19 PM
lilbit7711
lilbit7711  

I did not think of that....I did get my hopes set really high this past year that I would be over it by Dec. and felt like a failure. This is something I am def going to take with me to my therapist on my next appt to help identify these steps. Thanks so much for that info.

01/01/2012 06:29 PM
ministermom

I'm an Advocate

You're very welcome!

01/04/2012 07:13 AM
BostonGirlD
BostonGirlD  

Hey Everyone,

I'm Damari.

Glad I found a site like this. I often feel alone with this since no one i know experiences attacks so they don't fully understand. Reading some of the posts i instantly felt better to know im not the only one out there.

01/04/2012 07:27 AM
kildare56
kildare56  
Group Leader
I'm an Advocate

Damari you are FAR from the only one. I think if everyone understood what these attacks are, probably 40% of people would say they have had one or more. Please understand how welcome you are to this group and that we look forward to getting to know you!

01/04/2012 02:43 PM
PhilPhil46
PhilPhil46  
Group Leader
I'm an Advocate

Hi Damari,

Welcome!

We understand and know how it feels to have panic attacks.

I wondered the same thing, I have never met anyone with panic attacks. But I believe its because we are ashamed, embarrassed by them and do not want to be judged by others.

But we are out there.

01/04/2012 04:32 PM
njhoppe
njhoppe  
Group Leader

Hi Damari and welcome. Yes, you have come to the right place. We have all walked in your shoes and totally understand panic. We may be at different stages in our panic but we do understand what you are going through.

You will find alot of warm, caring people here. We are always ready to listen and help each other whenever we can. Thanks for joining us!

Hugs,

nj

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 22 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved