MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
03/07/2010 11:38 AM

My name is Michelle

mrsdoc1972

Hi my name is Michelle & I have been dealing with the whole panic attacks for many years and I'm tired of feeling like this. I don't take meds. because it's more mental then anything. I talk to someone once aweek and it helps but I just hate the fact when you work your own self up. I don't travel cause I'm scared too. I do work but it's getting in the way again,but I push myself to go to work. I was fine until about 2months ago. I have alot that's going on in my life and I think if we can help one another we all can feel much better...Angry

03/07/2010 12:20 PM
ray2135

Hi Michelle

You need to go to the forums (top line menu in the panic attack support group) > "medicines and treatments" > titles - -- on breathing exercises and calming exercises. They will help you to control this problem. They work. BUT, they take a lot of practice - possibly a month at 8 times a day for some. But, they do work . They were all submitted by the members of the group for the members of the group.

Try to understand - panic attacks are nothing more than your own body reacting to your worrying and fears. Your body gets overstressed by you being stressed and jumps into fight or flight mode. That means your breathing gets crazy and your brain does not get enough good air. You need to slow the breathing down - thus - the breathing exercises. Have you ever seen anyone breathe into a paper bag - well, that's it. Too much oxygen.

Hugs, Raoul

03/07/2010 12:26 PM
Annette1

Welcome to the group Michelle

I my self do not like meds either but the breathing exercises have been working for me and it will take time and practice. Please read some of the other posts and feel free to jump in and post. This is a great group od people who are always there to help each other.

Hugs

Tracey

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved