MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
04/24/2008 08:12 AM

Nervous morning...

s24sassy
S24sassy  

Hello everyone. I'm just not having a great morning and wanted to reach out for support. I'm just sitting here feeling very nervous right now and talking to all of you usually helps me. There is really no reason I'm more nervous today than other days, not that I can think of. I do have to go with my daughter tonight to a meeting, but I didn't think I was that nervous about it. I hate being at meetings like that because of that trapped feeling. I always like to sit by the door just in case, but it's hard to believe I'm this nervous about that meeting when I'm not going to it until 7pm tonight. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks.

SandyErmm

04/24/2008 10:32 AM
hurtwithin

I'm here for you Sandy. Don't feel bad about feeling the way you do. It is perfectly normal to feel nervous. I don't like feeling trapped either and get very panicky when I know I have to sit in a small room or go to a meeting of some kind. I understand how you are feeling. Try and have a nice bath or shower and listen to some music, maybe the recordings you suggested to me and have some me time before you have to go out. Sometimes just doing a puzzle or reading helps me but I have to confess, I like playing computer games. That helps me to stop feeling panicky. I hope I was of some help to you. Let me know if there's anything else I can do. Always here for you hun.

Gem x

04/24/2008 10:36 AM
s24sassy
S24sassy  

Thanks Gem! I'm listening to the tapes right now. I really hate it when I feel so good for a couple of days and then this feeling hits out of the blue.

It always helps to talk to someone who understands.

04/24/2008 10:40 AM
hurtwithin

Yeah I know what you mean. I was like that this morning. I woke up feeling really bad, cut myself and now I feel elated again. Such a pain. I am glad that you're listening to the tapes. I know they help you. The thing to do is to try and not beat yourself up when you have a down day. I try and do that although it isn't easy. I don't like the way that panic just comes from nowhere. It's so scary isn't it.

04/24/2008 10:44 AM
s24sassy
S24sassy  

Nevermind my question about cutting. I know what you meant now. Does that take the panic feeling away for you?

Post edited by: s24sassy, at: 04/24/2008 12:58

04/24/2008 10:47 AM
s24sassy
S24sassy  

I'm trying not to be down on myself for feeling like this after a few good days, but you're right, it's really hard not to. I think society makes us feel like, since most of this happens inside our own heads, it's our own fault when we feel the way we do and that makes it easy to blame myself for the way I feel.

starman, if you're reading this please don't respond. I know how you feel about it, but I'm looking for support right now. Thanks.

04/24/2008 10:59 AM
hurtwithin

I can tell that you are feeling really down right now. I know what you mean about society though. We're expected to feel on top of the world everyday and it's just not possible. It is very easy to blame ourselves for feeling bad. I do it all the time but usually playing a good pc game takes my mind off things. Are the tapes helping you a bit? When I said that I cut myself I meant that I self harmed. That was selfish of me to mention that when you are in need of support. Forgive me for mentioning it.

04/24/2008 11:00 AM
hurtwithin

BTW, I won't let anyone upset you hun

04/24/2008 11:08 AM
s24sassy
S24sassy  

NO - it's not selfish at all. We're all here to discuss ANY of our problems so please don't feel bad, really! Okay? I'm here for you as much as you're there for me.

Does cutting take the panic away for you?

04/24/2008 11:11 AM
hurtwithin

Oh thanks Sandy, I thought I'd upset you there for a minute and yes, the cutting takes the panic away for a while. I hate doing it and feel so bad when I do. I was doing really well. How are you feeling now?

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved