MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
08/16/2009 07:35 PM

Out of body feeling? Anxiety?

chios1212
chios1212  

Sometimes when I touch my arm or stomach or anything I feel like if I'm outside my body! it feels so weird! I freak out!! I feel like I'm touching someone else and not me...it's hard to explain. (oh god! I just rubbed my arms and triggered that feeling Sad )

08/17/2009 12:32 AM
DillStark
DillStark  

Hello,

I understand what you mean. It's a very scary, terrible feeling. The out-of-body, detached feeling you get is also known as "depersonalization". This is how my panic attacks manifest. I think that it's worse than the physical panic attack effects because it makes you feel as if you are literally going insane, or that you are on the verge of losing consciousness or worse, dying. It happened to me earlier today when I got a phantom head-ache pain for like 10 seconds, but turned into a full-blown out-of-body feeling. =[

You aren't alone.

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved