MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
10/12/2011 11:17 PM

Does anyone think about death....(page 5)

EmilioA
EmilioA  

I mean there just thoughts right? from anxiety can they actually come true?

10/12/2011 11:27 PM
JulieC
JulieC  

Yes...just thoughts. I hate thinking negative. It's like Janicepv said.. no one's died from anxiety attacks. At one point my roommate took the laptop from me cause I told her I had mad cow disease. But yes.. just thought. My counselor says negative and positive have a fight and when we overcome our fear, we know positive has won. I use to take everything literal. But no more.. I actually did this without any type of anti depressants and I realized I overcame a lot more.

10/12/2011 11:32 PM
EmilioA
EmilioA  

I know i am going to do the same thing i mean everytime i hear cancer i always think that i may possibly have it and it gets to me Sad. I try to keep a positive mind and i know with the help your you guys and my family friends im going to get throught this Smile

10/12/2011 11:35 PM
JulieC
JulieC  

Yes.. you can. It will get better Emilio.. But live for now, make music, and draw. I have faith you will get better.

10/12/2011 11:38 PM
EmilioA
EmilioA  

Thank you julie Smile. I am going to go out this weekend with my friends and have fun with them anxiety will not get the best of me Smile

10/12/2011 11:41 PM
JulieC
JulieC  

I am super happy for you.. See making some positive steps already. SmileLet me know how it goes.. I'll be on as much as I can. Take care....

10/12/2011 11:46 PM
EmilioA
EmilioA  

Ok Smile thank you...you too Smile

10/13/2011 02:27 AM
JustT
JustT  

Oh! The coloring suggestion (also a good one! They make seriously good coloring books these days - check out Dover Publishers) and mention of an activity pad reminded me of another good distraction: sudoku. It *forces* my brain into different pathways because I have to engage logic (something panic has nothing to do with!) to solve the puzzles. I have a sudoku game for my Nintendo DS, which is perfect for when I'm in bed.

Emilio, I'm thinking lots of good thoughts for you. Anxiety makes so much of life difficult, and it isn't easy to talk about with most people.

10/13/2011 06:24 AM
janicepv
janicepvPosts: 3264

Anyone have a link to some good, free coloring pages on the internet that we all can print out and share?

10/13/2011 06:38 AM
King1992
King1992  

hey there i often think when i have an panic attack i am going to die! But what you have to remember you can do it and all the time that you have been sufftering from anxiety it hasnt killed you and it wont! Stay strong and lots of positive thinking ! Laughing

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 5 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved