MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
07/29/2009 06:18 AM

Constant pressure in my head!

Muggins
MugginsPosts: 169

Lately i have been struggling more and more - I now have this constant pressure in my head causing me to feel like i am going to pass out and as if my head is going to explode. Anybody else experience something like this?

Hope you all are well!

Mel

07/29/2009 09:03 AM
shawnatwain
shawnatwainPosts: 382

Yes I have dealt with this before also. I went to the doctor because migraines run in my family they said it was panic and anxiety. I wish you all the best and I hope that you feel better soon. Smile

07/29/2009 02:49 PM
Chanda
Chanda  
VIP Member

Ya, i have, stress and worryin can cause that! hang in there

07/30/2009 08:15 PM
chios1212
chios1212  

That happens to me and usually after that I get the heart palpitations and sweaty palms. I need to pull my head back and crack my neck because I feel this horrible pressure and I feel as if I'm going to get a brain attack (if that exists).

07/30/2009 09:55 PM
BelieveOnly7
BelieveOnly7Posts: 62

Yes, I know exactly what you are talking about. I am so glad you mentioned it because I thought something was really wrong with me. I have gotten cat scans and everything and they didn't find anything, but I know how I feel. This, along with the anxiety, has stopped me from working and living a normal life.

07/31/2009 01:11 AM
carrie911
carrie911  

wow, i thought i was the only one who experienced that. Its one of my scariest symptoms!! i feel like im going to pass out and my head just feels like somone is squeezing the life out of it. Crazy!!!

07/31/2009 01:27 AM
Muggins

wphew....*wipes sweat from forehead..* i am so glad i am not alone in this - i started believing that i had some sort of brain tumor or something and ended up at the doctors *face bright red from embarassment* and low and behold - TENSION!!

07/31/2009 04:31 AM
shawnatwain
shawnatwainPosts: 382

I'm glad that you got it checked out and hope it gave you some peace of mind. Although, I am sorry that you are experiencing this from tension. Ahh, panic and the crazy things it does to us. I wish you all the best. Hang in there Smile

07/31/2009 04:45 AM
Muggins

Honestly Shawna - nope it didn't give me any peace of mind. Ever since developing this dreadful disorder, i have become a little bit of a hypochondriac and am convinced i am dying of some incurable disease and the doctors keep misdiagnosing me - totally crazy and stupid i know, but i am working on overcoming this one day at a time!

07/31/2009 04:55 AM
AshleyC

I experience this sensation as well. I always think it is seasonal allergies, or when the air pressure changes before a big storm I get it. I didn't know it was an anxiety thing! Sometimes I feel really "out of it"!

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved