MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
06/22/2009 10:17 AM

anyone else get these symptoms?

gil
gil  

i seem to be waking up with panic attacks now. Does anyone else awake feeling hot flashes with a slight tightness in the chest and a bit short of breath?

06/22/2009 01:26 PM
nazarith1997
nazarith1997  

Hi Gil! Yes I have woken up many times to having a panic attack. I have experienced anything from sweats, hot flahses, rapid heart beat, to numbness of the arms, head, face, tongue, and more. My doctor says that panic attacks dont have rules and can happen where ever and when ever even in a dead sleep. They are very scary. It will be ok though. I have been through this so many times and although its hard to convince myself sometimes I am ok, I am stil alive and able to talk to all about my horrible experiences with them.

Jenn

06/22/2009 01:29 PM
gil
gil  

Thanks Jenn. It helps to know that survivng these terrible feelings is possible!

~gil

06/22/2009 01:49 PM
nazarith1997
nazarith1997  

YVW Gil! We will get through this. I have dealt with this in the past and again now, only this time they are more severe. I have had every test possible including an echo cardio and stress test. The biggest key that my counselor tells me is that you have to think positive and know that you are ok and will be ok. I started working on this breathing technique this weekend and let me tell ya, I have "breathed" my way out of four panic attacks in just two days. See my new post "Check this out"! It might help you. Also, I know this sounds silly, but I am registering in an adult hip hop dance class that starts on July 7th in my area. I dont care how old i am..lol I am going to try it. Full activity and doing physical exercise helps release endorphines from your body and wears the body out, which helps in decreasing the attacks. This is what my counselor is telling me and I am going to try it out. I will keep you posted too as to my progress. Even though I too and suffering with horrible attacks, I am here to talk to you and help you as I help myself.

06/22/2009 01:52 PM
gil
gil  

I will go check it out! You are very kind to take the time to share your thoughts abd insight!

Mahalo nui loa (thank you very much)

06/22/2009 02:03 PM
nazarith1997
nazarith1997  

Denada...(your welcome) Wink

06/23/2009 10:31 PM
Chanda
Chanda  
VIP Member

OH YES, ive woken up like that lots of times. Hang in there. Just keep telling urself u r ok!

06/24/2009 04:28 PM
Finally
Finally  

Me too... can't stand the waking up panic attacks.

Hope you're doing better!

Finally

06/24/2009 08:51 PM
gil
gil  

Im feeling better, thanks. I hope you are well!

06/25/2009 06:19 PM
nazarith1997
nazarith1997  

Hi Gil! Just wanted to drop by and say hello and see how you are doing. I have had two good days this week so far and hope tomorrow will be another good one. Wink

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved