MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
05/12/2012 07:01 PM

Panic...

Rflattsfan78
Rflattsfan78  

My allergies were really bad today so I took a 1/2 dosage of a decongestant...bad idea! Stupid me, I knew they caused me anxiety but my sinuses were really hurting. I layed down and fell asleep for an hour and then woke up with my heart racing like crazy...went from sleeping to panic in 10 seconds. I took a klonopin and I'm waiting for it to kick in. I hate the panic attacks I wake up with...I have no warning with these. My heart was beating insanely fast and I think that's what scared me. My heart rate is slowly coming down.. I had a great day otherwise, lol! Figures panic has to creep in there somewhere.. Sad

05/12/2012 07:09 PM
njhoppe
njhoppe  
Group Leader

I'm so sorry that happened to you....I can't take any cold meds either. I have learned to just keep them out of my house completely. Smile

05/12/2012 07:09 PM
mem6526

Awwwwwwwwww...I am so sorry that happened to you. Everyone is so different when it comes to taking things. Benadryl actually helps me. I hope that the Klonopin kicks in and you can rest and relax and have a good night.

Hang in there! Drink water and maybe listen to some relaxing music.

{Hugs} Smile

05/12/2012 09:09 PM
AmyGirl
AmyGirl  
VIP Member

Oh my dear I am sorry you had this happen to you. Darn allergies. Just know this will pass and you will be feeling better soon. Hugs.

05/13/2012 04:07 AM
Rflattsfan78
Rflattsfan78  

Thanks guys!! I feel better this morning, but a panic attack hangover is what I'm left with...I'm still so tired. Hopefully I will feel better as the day goes on. I'm so done with allergies!! Ugh!! We are taking mom out to lunch today so hopefully I'll feel better much later. Happy Mother's Day!!!

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved