MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
02/17/2009 10:39 AM

Is it all a dream????

cruzazul0809

hi i was diagnosed with Panic disorder one week ago

i started a year ago with anxiety and it just got out of control to where i am now. The thing that really bothers me right now is this new "feeling" i have. I feel as if everything is a dream and as if i am living on another planet, i feel as if i am on autopilot. Are these normal "feelings" of panic disorder???

02/17/2009 11:18 AM
shavonne
shavonne  

are you on any medications?

02/17/2009 11:22 AM
crazy09

I have often felt as though I was just going through the motions, not feeling really on autopilot as you said. Like I am on the outside looking in. I think most of us have felt this way.

02/17/2009 02:48 PM
cruzazul0809

i am on zoloft

02/17/2009 03:44 PM
shavonne
shavonne  

ive been on medications for a while and ever since i've felt as if my life was a movie or something.like its not real.

02/17/2009 06:57 PM
Mason813
Mason813  

It is the same feeling of depersonalization. It is scary, you feel hollow, or just un-real. Like a dream. The mind is a powerful thing. It is completely normal to feel like this. I actually was out with my family on vacation and while being around a large group of people I started to feel like this. Then panic set in, and I felt so scared and alone although so many people were around me. I actually bumped into a somewhat portly older man and then proceeded to poke his stomach... lol. Well needless to say after I realized what I was doing because of him looking at me and saying "HEY!" I felt embarassed and silly and I couldn't concentrate on anything else other then what I just did, the panic ceased that very moment though. I don't recommend this, but it worked. Laughing

02/17/2009 07:39 PM
Chanda
Chanda  
VIP Member

They unfortunately r syptoms of panic. Hang in there!

02/17/2009 08:00 PM
hmcase

Yes, I feel this way very frequenty, it's usually at that moment when I start to realize I have to do something or it will turn into a full blown panic attack. The spacy detached feeling is normal for panic disorder.

02/21/2009 03:12 AM
Youkofox
Youkofox  

Yes, it's a horrible feeling. Your smiles aren't true and you wish you could be a part of the emotion around you. It's then I'm most afraid of losing control because I already feel as though I'm outside the situation. Try listening to music that moves you- words that stick with you in order to try and get back in touch with reality.

It works sometimes, and sometimes it doesn't. Sometimes you just can't focus on the lyrics and you end up more frustrated- which is where good instrumentals come in. Other than that, just know that you are alright and you will be okay. Try not to believe otherwise even if it is hard.

Post edited by: Youkofox, at: 02/21/2009 03:14

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved