MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
05/07/2012 01:53 PM

Why would she say that??

mariatoth

As everyone knows I have really bad anxiety and panic attacks..so I go get blood work done for my physical and the nurse that takes my blood tells me if im ok and I reply, yes I am why? And she goes, oh because your blood feels warm..u might have a fever or u might get one..so I look at her and im like if this lady only knew how bad I worry about things..so I leave the place and now I can't stop thinking about what she said im so scared what if something is wrong..why did my blood come out warm is something wrong with me. I just prayed to God that the blood work comes back ok and that the lady was just speaking out loud.

05/07/2012 01:57 PM
mem6526

I would call you Doctor and ask that question. Otherwise you will make yourself nutty with all the "what ifs" I mean how is blood supposed to be...cold? lol Of course it will be warm if it is from inside of you.

Or call the lab where they took the blood if it bothers you that much and ask someone what that means and why would she say that to you?

I replied to your other post from last week and I never heard back from you.

Hope that other than this all is okay. Hang in there! Smile

05/07/2012 02:08 PM
mariatoth

Thank you for replying..im trying not to let it get to my head I know its just my anxiety kicken in.. just gonna wait for the blood work to come back..I have faith in God that it will come out ok..I will keep u updated when I get it.

05/07/2012 02:10 PM
mamatrixie
mamatrixie  

That's weird. I would think it was normal for blood to be warm? I looked it up on bing and the answer that looks relevant is that human blood is warm usually due to the food we eat and how it's metabolized. Here's the site http://uk.answers.yahoo.com/question/index? qid=20060815112649AANRn2M.

Call your doctor if you are worried about this. I really don't know why the nurse would've said that. It frustrates me to no end when it seems like people almost sometimes intentionally try to make others worry. I'm sure you're fine but it's always better to hear that from a professional. Hugs ().

05/07/2012 02:10 PM
mariatoth

I know that's everyone tells me that its suppose to come out warm..I think that lady was just cold that day and felted it warm

05/07/2012 02:15 PM
mamatrixie
mamatrixie  

haha Smile you're probably right.

05/07/2012 02:19 PM
mem6526

I would hope that my blood is warm when it comes out of me.

Maybe when you see that Lady again you can ask her this.."Why are you so cold?" LOL Shocked Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Tongue

05/07/2012 03:29 PM
avesher
avesherPosts: 42

ya I would hope it comes out warm too

05/07/2012 04:07 PM
mariatoth

Lol thanks guys you made me feel better Smile

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved