MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
05/04/2012 09:55 PM

Me, Panic and Anxiety(page 3)

mem6526

I know a lot of people that eat healthy and are very active and still have anxiety and panic issues. I also know a lot of people that take Meds and are able to function very well. It is very interesting that you never really found out what triggered your panic. Do you mostly attribute your panic and anxiety to your food choices?

05/05/2012 11:31 AM
avesher
avesherPosts: 42

I attribute my panic to who knows what. After the first attack all I thought about was the next one until that day in 2005 when I just let go and quit caring if I had one or not. The 2 or 3 I had after that I attribute to drinking coca cola on an empty stomach, and when I was super sick with flu the system weakens and I had one or two.

Anxiety on the other hand revolves around my food intake and also getting quality rest and balanced exercise. No one can convince me that anxiety can't be controlled through proper nutrition, water intake, exercise and rest. Also, I never do drugs and have not drank alcohol in 19 years.

05/05/2012 11:40 AM
mamatrixie
mamatrixie  

Welcome to the group avesher! Thanks so much for sharing your story. It's so very important to share our successes with one another. It gives us strength to know that this can be treated. I'm with you too. When I get through this I will shout my story from the mountain tops and as long as it reaches or helps one person I will have done something awesome. Hugs to you ().

05/07/2012 04:32 PM
AmyGirl
AmyGirl  
VIP Member

Hey Avesher!! Welcome to the group!! I will have to check out your youtube vids. And thank you for sharing with us. I do feel that hearing other people's success stories gives us hope that we too will one day be as far as you have come. I myself have come a really long way. I too had attacks all day every day and at one poing didnt' leave my house for 2 months. I didn't go to a store for over a year. Not one store and barely went anywhere even throughout that whole time. Heck I would even walk in my own back yard or even take a shower unless someone would sit in the bathroom with me. It was hell. I have had a few setbacks here and there but it seems that with each set back I have more coping skills and tools to get better again. Like retraining my body all over again but with more coping skills which in turn makes it not as hard the first time.

Ok I will stop there but very nice to have you here to help us all out. Smile

05/07/2012 04:34 PM
AmyGirl
AmyGirl  
VIP Member

Oh one more question are you still taking your Paxil??

I think that people can get better with or without meds all depending on the person. I have personally seen people do it without no meds and people do it with meds. Smile Whatever floats our boats as long as it helps us overcome. Smile

05/07/2012 04:35 PM
AmyGirl
AmyGirl  
VIP Member

Oh shoot and one more thing what would I type in to find you on youtube?? Thanks so much.

05/07/2012 04:42 PM
mem6526

Amy,

Type in avesher

It is a 3 part thing. I watched all 3 parts. Smile

05/08/2012 06:42 AM
AmyGirl
AmyGirl  
VIP Member

Oh ok thanks so much Angel!! I will look at it soon. Smile

05/08/2012 02:23 PM
mem6526

You are most welcome Amy! So glad you are back! Wink

05/08/2012 03:30 PM
avesher
avesherPosts: 42

I have to get the new video up for panic,....just some stuff I have learned plus I lost 40 pounds since the first one so I wanna get my fat face off of there--lol

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 3 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved