MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
05/04/2012 09:34 AM

My worst panic attack in MONTHS

Irishangel88
Irishangel88  
VIP Member

Happened today. We were going sneaker shopping a town away, and we had to take a bus there which most of you know i'm not a huge fan of. Well we went into a few stores before the sneaker store, I was doing kinda ok, some panic but nothing I couldn't handle. Then in the sneaker store they has mannaquines, but they had MIRRORS next to them. Everytime I moved, every step I took I felt like someone was eiether right next to me or behind me.......so not good. EVERYTHING inside of me told me to run, but you know that good ol' Irish stubborness made me stay......I ended up getting a good pair of sneakers at a good price, but i'm still feeling the after effects of the panic over an hour and a half later.

05/04/2012 10:50 AM
mem6526

I am so sorry that happened. I am glad that you were able to stick it out and get some sneakers. You showed a lot of courage today!

Hope that you are okay! Smile

05/04/2012 10:53 AM
PhilPhil46
PhilPhil46  
Group Leader
I'm an Advocate

So sorry to hear that you had that experience Erin. Sad

But happy you were able to go and get a good deal on the sneakers. Wink

Just rest a little and hopefully you'll will be feeling better soon. The mannaquines with mirrors freaked me out! that's just creepy, right up there with Clowns Sad

05/04/2012 12:30 PM
mamatrixie
mamatrixie  

Good job sticking it out Irish. Be proud of that accomplishment. It's always easier to run but staying and fighting is what gives us courage. Hugs ().

05/04/2012 01:19 PM
Irishangel88
Irishangel88  
VIP Member

It's just, things were already so stressful this week, so much is going on, I didn't need my worst panic attack in months on top of it. Literally everything in my body was telling me to run, I haven't had a panic attack like that in MONTHS, actually, maybe in over a year. It's exhausting.

05/04/2012 01:23 PM
PhilPhil46
PhilPhil46  
Group Leader
I'm an Advocate

It does leave us feeling drained. Hope you a little calmer now. Try to rest and have a stress and panic free weekend. hugs.

05/04/2012 01:43 PM
frog44

ERIN... You did great staying there! Be proud of yourself! The after affects really do suck! Hang in there and be good to yourself the rest of the day. Lots of ((Hugs))!

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved