MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
04/29/2012 09:05 PM

Panic is back worrying about breathing(page 2)

mem6526

This is what you just said:

"useful to know: worst thing that can happen if you stop breathing is you will black out (lose consciousness), and then you're breathing will be back to normal."

philtrem,

If you knew anything about panic attacks a person will not pass out during a panic attack!

04/29/2012 09:10 PM
slada
slada  

Smile)Smile)Smile)......YES that is right Angel I would be dead millions times and black out if this was trueSmile)Smile)Smile)Smile)Smile)Smile)........wow what a story.... congratulation philtrem!!!!!!!

How nice is to say to someone with panic attack you will black out!!!!!!Smile)Smile)Smile)

Great psychology right?

04/29/2012 09:24 PM
mem6526

What Book did you copy and paste this from?

Please tell us! Smile

04/30/2012 06:26 AM
mamatrixie
mamatrixie  

Thanks philtrem, what you're talking about is what I'm learning in my program as well. I still have my setbacks but I am getting stronger. Criagallen have you thought about trying differnt types of therapy? Like CBT or maybe even hypnosis? Relaxation therapy and guided meditation seem to work for alot of people with anxiety. Just try to keep an open mind and don't feel weak for taking meds or having setbacks. You will get stronger. Just please believe in yourself. I'm no expert. I started having the racing thoughts (scary as heck) again last night and I just kept thinking "I'm not going to be able to handle it this time. I'm going to go crazy." Then I made a nice warm bath with lavendar oil and some candles and did a guided visualization excercise. Then I had a cup of herbal tea and did some scrapbooking. Slept like a baby. Find what works for you. Experiment. Some times things work that may surprise you. And don't worry about your kids. They are tougher than you thinkSmile All my hugs and strength to you ().

04/30/2012 06:29 AM
mandieo

thats good to hear mamatrixie, it sounds like you are really getting control of your panic

04/30/2012 06:50 AM
mamatrixie
mamatrixie  

Thanks mandieo. I'm really trying. Taking it slow and most importantly not getting upset when I do have an attack or setback. We are harder on ourselves then the average person, I think because of this disorder. The good thing about this is that we can also be stronger than the average person. It gives me something to smile about on the bad days.

04/30/2012 06:52 AM
mandieo

thats so awesome! for me the panic sets in when i am alone-which is most days. but im trying really hard to be strong like you saidSmile. im really glad youre looking at this condition in such a positive manner.

04/30/2012 07:02 AM
njhoppe
njhoppe  
Group Leader

Most times, the panic sets in when I"m alone too. I try to call someone and just talk...about whatever. That usually works for me.

04/30/2012 07:05 AM
mandieo

well strangely talking out loud makes me feel out of breath, so the panic gets worse. usually texting or being on this forum are better. i know how weird it is that i cant talk with someone over the phone when my anxiety is up.....

04/30/2012 07:08 AM
mamatrixie
mamatrixie  

I have pretty regular night time anxiety. I think it's the vulnerability of sleep paired with the scariness of the dark. It stinks but I am working through it. Mandieo, I don't know you personally but you are always so quick to encourage someone or congratulate someone even when you have your own struggles. I have a feeling that you and I would be dear friends in the real world. You deserve to live a happy, healthy, carefree life and I hope that if there is anything I can do to make that a reality you will ask. Just stay strong, take strength in the things you've already accomplished and put faith in the things you have yet to overcome.

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 2 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved