MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
04/29/2012 08:27 AM

Panic is back worrying about breathing

craigallen27

I started worrying about my breathing last night and then I got sweaty palms and sweaty feet worrying what would happen if I stopped breathing I know its my panic but its hard to tell myself that and keep positive thinking and use proper techniches for breathing I try this but the fear is so strong it takes over me sometimes I feel alone I need somebody to talk to somebody who understands cause here I am Sunday morning anxious I'm about to go cut the grass hopefully this helps why do I always worry about my breathing then I get panicky if I dont think about it I'm fine I also get very scared and sad when I feel like this I just hate this anxious feeling in my gut at times that leads to me worrying about the stupidest stuff please help someone!!!

04/29/2012 11:48 AM
njhoppe
njhoppe  
Group Leader

Hi Craigallen...we all get that feeling and its so miserable sometimes. Try to tell yourself that nothing is going to happen to you, you are fine, it is just the symptoms of panic. Panic cannot hurt you. Panic cannot kill you.

Have you tried distraction? It helps alot for me. For me it helps alot to be around other people. There is a measure of comfort for me knowing that is something did happen, there are others there. Even coming on here calms me alot. Trying to occupy myself with chores around the house or just going for a walk to burn off the adrenaline. Drinking ice cold water helps my body to slow down too or holding ice cubes in my hands.

I hope something here helps you. Take a look around at some other posts. We are here for you and always know that you are not alone. Smile

Hugs,

nj

04/29/2012 01:43 PM
mamatrixie
mamatrixie  

Hey craigallen. I tell you it must be something in the air. I had my first panic attack in over a week last night. I just woke up to it and those are the hardest for me because you're sleepy and just not expecting it. I have learned a new way to cope with panic by actually allowing it to happen and encouraging it. The breathing got to me too last night but then I reminded myself that my body won't allow me to not breathe. Try it, try not to breathe, you simply can't do it. Then I just relax and go with the flow as if I were a willing participant and then I kindly ask it to leave. It works for me. If we're ever on together I would be happy to walk you through it. Don't let the cycle wear you down. Kick it in the butt. You are in charge. Hugs to you ().

04/29/2012 08:17 PM
craigallen27

This anxiety is making me not want to eat and I keep worrying what if there is something wrong with me this constant knot in my gut and Im sick of it I have been on 40 mg of paxil for 15 years I dont know if its working or not anymore I take 1 mg of lorazapam as needed wich I only took 1 for the first time last night before bed It seems I work myself up for no reasonand I feel like I am the only one like this I wanna be strong for my kids they are 13 and 15 I also get these crying bouts when I get panicky and get sad because I feel there is no way out I need someone to talk to that has anxiety like me could you help?

04/29/2012 08:19 PM
mem6526

Can you call your Doctor? Maybe you need a Meds adjustment?Dizzy

04/29/2012 08:23 PM
mandieo

Oh Craigallen I'm so sorry you're feeling this way. I have been there. Different symptoms but trust me I've been where you are. Just talk to your dr. They can help you maybe adjust your meds which may help. I go through the too anxious to eat thing as well. For me when that happens my boyfriend whips me up a homemade chocolate shake. It's cold , yummy, has some protein and makes me smile. Whatever you can get down just try, you need to stay hydrated and fed. That will mess with your anxiety levels too.

04/29/2012 08:33 PM
craigallen27

Actually I dont want to try new meds cause past experiance has made my anxiety worse all the side affects I just want to be normal without meds

04/29/2012 08:37 PM
mem6526

You don't necessarily have to try a new medication maybe the current medication that you are on the dose can be adjusted? Wink

04/29/2012 08:45 PM
slada
slada  

Angel is right,maybe you need meds adjusted or they just stop working like mine....

04/29/2012 09:03 PM
mem6526

philtrem, Tell us your story since you seem to have all the answers!

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved