MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
04/25/2012 02:27 PM

Need Some Positive Vibes.(page 4)

mem6526

I don't have caffeine either. However when I get a horrible headache and a migraine I will have some regular Coca-Cola and it helps sometimes. Smile

04/25/2012 05:11 PM
Mike84
Mike84  

Having another attack Sad.

I have accepted the emotions...breathing deeply, just hands are a bit tingly and my chest feels shaky. It seems that I got very nervous to go to my parents house. Was there for a little bit but then we started discussing the anxiety problems which kinda got me shaky. I just got home, and fighting it. I have xanax but have not taken any.

My only fear right now, to be honest, is having to go into the office for various meetings. I just hope next time I can deal with this anxiety better instead of my head getting numb, hands sweaty/cold, and my chest feeling like its gonna shake.

I just need to keep telling myself that nothing can happen and anxiety will not hurt me. I am not alone.

Post edited by: Mike84, at: 04/25/2012 05:12 PM

04/25/2012 05:15 PM
mem6526

Mike, Are you there?

04/25/2012 05:15 PM
Mike84
Mike84  

Yeah I am here. Just fighting right now.

04/25/2012 05:17 PM
mem6526

You need to sip on some water. Work on your breathing...slowly...in thru your nose and out thru your mouth. Take a good deep breath from the belly and allow yourself to let it out slowly. Maybe hold some ice cubes in your hands will help too. Take the Xanax why suffer? Let me know if any of this is helping you...You can get thru this...You will be okay....just focus on your breathing and know that you are okay and that you are safe and that it will pass. Wassat

04/25/2012 05:21 PM
Mike84
Mike84  

Thanks Angel.

Been sipping on cold water and breathing deeply from my belly. I don't know why I am fighting myself on taking the xanax...I guess I just want to see some progress in my situation and not having to take the pills feels like I am doing okay. (I know stupid thought). I will take the xanax of the symptoms get worse. I have been doing okay so far...still have the baseline anxiety in my chest, throat feels swollen, mind is numb. I will try the ice cubes.

Thanks for the fast reply.

04/25/2012 05:24 PM
mem6526

Just focus on your breathing. Don't be so hard on yourself. This is a process and it does not just magically disappear. You are doing great!

I am so proud of you! Your thoughts are not stupid. They are your thoughts and that is how you feel. I just want you to know that if you take a Xanax it is not a sign of weakness. So think about it and maybe before you go to sleep it might be helpful to you. Are you still sipping water. The tightness in the chest will subside. Put on something loose and comfy. I will stay here and help you. You will be okay...You are not alone Mike!

I do understand! Wink

04/25/2012 05:28 PM
Mike84
Mike84  

Breathing has calmed me down, I feel really tired after I get these attacks. My chest is a tad tight/feels tingly, face is a bit numb, hands are back to normal, legs are coming back to normal. My throat still feels like there is a knot in there but luckily my nose is not stuffed this time.

Thanks for the encouragement. I am sipping water which makes my chest feel really cold.

04/25/2012 05:31 PM
mem6526

Think about taking the Xanax. It might help to relax you and relax your throat too. I know that feeling all too well. The feeling like your throat is closing. It is very scary. But you will get thru this and I am here for you. Just breathe slowly and sip on the water. Maybe take a cool cloth and wipe your face. I am still here...you are doing awesome! I am proud of you! Smile

04/25/2012 05:35 PM
Mike84
Mike84  

Thanks. I just get really sad during these attacks. I know I shouldn't be too hard on myself but I just worry about my career and everything.

The pain is tolerable at this moment but I just get sad wondering if I can ever go back to a normal life without these symptoms.

Okay enough with my bad thoughts, I am thinking positive now.

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 4 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved