MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
03/19/2012 10:48 AM

Nutrition

TennisP
TennisPPosts: 2439

I am experimenting with eating more nutritious foods since real foods give our brain and body what they need...

This morning I am drinking a green smoothie after hearing great things about them...

I made mine up with:

a tomato

collard greens

carrots

a banana

water

Brewer's Yeast (has a ton of amino acids that make neurotransmitters and other healthy ingredients)

So not this isn't a mocha frappuchino yummy kind of flavor but it's 100% healthy!

I'm going to see if my energy levels feel higher soon!Wink Grin

Post edited by: TennisP, at: 03/19/2012 10:53 AM

03/19/2012 11:03 AM
mem6526

Tennis,

When is the last time that you had a complete blood work up done?

I believe it is called a CBC in Doctor terms.

Like have you had your Thyroid checked and your blood sugar and your Vitamin D levels?

I would suggest that you have a complete blood work done too when you go to see the new Doctor at the Hospital that you called last week to have you and your Husband have a physical.

Just a suggestion. Wink

Everything does not show up in the blood but it is a start! Smile

03/19/2012 11:10 AM
TennisP

Yeah I need to make us doctor appointments and the plan is to get bloodwork done too. We have a new local hospital with primary doctors and a lab right there...we've only been in that building a few times. I haven't gone in a lot of buildings for awhile now so I need to get back into that because it's important and this is important!

I'm not like a sloth kind of tired I just see people on Youtube videos that are all perky and after a day like yesterday of cleaning and cooking and visiting here, I was exhausted by 8pm something! It was a good kind of tired like a good day but I was busy non stop it seemed =)

03/19/2012 11:12 AM
TennisP

I had some bloodwork done in the Fall but I want a complete bloodwork so I know where I'm at number wise. my husband seems to only go to the doctor if he's really sick (like the flu or a bad cold) so I'm being proactive for both of us and will make appointments within the next few weeks.

03/19/2012 11:13 AM
mem6526

There is a difference between feeling tired and feeling fatigued.

I mean you did a lot yesterday so maybe you did more than usual..you know what I mean?

It is good to feel tired at the end of the day.

You were very productive yesterday. That is AWESOME!

So how is the Baby? Tell me.....Smile

Post edited by: angelonearth, at: 03/19/2012 11:13 AM

03/19/2012 11:38 AM
TennisP

hehehe yeah I was a busy woman!

I love my baby nephew. He is 2 months old. Yesterday they only stayed for 45 minutes since they had to go to the store and he started to get fussy which I don't mind but they wanted to get going. His mom and dad were very tired as to be expected from little sleep so we understood. The baby was happy and could hold his gaze longer than the other times I saw him (the first time he was sleepy and could happily be passed between me, my mom, my grandma, his mom, etc and the second time he was crying and only wanted my brother to soothe him with manly baby moves not the way most women soothe hehehe..) He made eye contact with me yesterday more than usual. He has cute baby blue eyes.

03/19/2012 12:09 PM
TennisP

http://www.webmd.com/food-recipes/features/the-truth-about- tryptophan

more good health benefits from food sources including better sleep and better mood with certain foods !!

03/19/2012 01:00 PM
frog44

My problem is that my husband is a vegetarian and my son is allergic to peanuts and egg....so that limits the diet in this household!! Especially avoiding things that are processed in cacilities with peanuts! I ate so much better before we found out he was allergic to peanuts because i ate a lot of nuts....now i am afraid to have any in this house!! Sad

03/19/2012 02:55 PM
TennisP

There are a lot of healthy choices that don't involve nuts or made at places which use nuts.

Think fish, chicken, turkey, vegetables, fruits, etc = whole foods!

03/19/2012 07:14 PM
frog44

I know, i love whole foods! My son is just VERY picky on top of it so it makes things harder

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved