MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
03/08/2012 03:51 PM

Panic and colds or allergies

mandieo

Does anyone ever feel panic when they are experiencing allergies or congestion ? I'm experiencing that right now and I'm hoping to read some of yalls stores or experiences with this.

03/08/2012 03:53 PM
mem6526

YES! I get that way a lot. Can you take a Benadryl?

That is what I do and it relaxes me. Check to be sure you can take that if you are taking other Meds. Call your Doctor and or Pharmacist. Smile

03/08/2012 03:55 PM
mandieo

Wow thanks angel. I just like to know I'm normal and not alone. Helps me calm down

03/08/2012 03:58 PM
mem6526

What the heck is normal? LOL Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

You are not alone. I get that way too. It is annoying!

Like a panicky feeling then do you ever feel like your throat is like closing? Dizzy

I get that way and then I try to work on my breathing and I take a Benadryl.

You are not alone sweetie. We are all in this together! Kissing

hugs23

03/08/2012 04:15 PM
kildare56
kildare56  
Group Leader
I'm an Advocate

Mandieo, that is so normal it's incredible. The mind is a strong thing and that is not always good. When you don't feel well,you will tend to think everything is a panic attack. I have done that so many times. Be smarter than I am (be quiet Angel! lol). I finally learned that. Here is a conversation that has played out in my own mind many times. "I don't feel well. This is another panic attack!! I am so over this! Wait a second. I really don't feel well. Maybe I am just sick! I feel crappy, but no, it isn't a panic attack! Yay!" Pretty silly, huh?

03/08/2012 04:18 PM
mem6526

I am not saying anything!!! Whistling

03/08/2012 04:24 PM
mandieo

Yes Kildare you're so right! Everything feels like an attack. It's so weird the things our minds tell us..,.

03/08/2012 04:59 PM
AmyGirl
AmyGirl  
VIP Member

When I am sick with a cold or have congestion my heart will go fast and yes I will have anixety. I seem to be the most sensitive to any little thing too while sick. And with allergies. I think allergies make us super sensitive to anxiety too.

And I want to add that I am the same way you are. WHen I here that I am not alone and other people feel the same things as me with the anxiety I get so releived because it assures me that I am ok. Because they are ok. Even though we don't feel ok. Smile

03/08/2012 05:00 PM
AmyGirl
AmyGirl  
VIP Member

OH what Kildare said too. Smile Our minds are so powerful.

03/08/2012 05:02 PM
AmyGirl
AmyGirl  
VIP Member

OH and Angel that is a good idea on the benedryl. It is safe and well knowing me I would pry take the childrens kind. lol I have a phobia of meds. But yes as Angel said for sure ask your doctor or pharmasist first.

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved