Off Topic Pet Peeve

kildare56
kildare56  
Group Leader
I'm an Advocate

Dizzy

to: My female friends here

re: toilet seats

I have heard this topic debated, argued and lead to the brink of divorce over the years. While I do see the male point of view much more clearly, I also ran an experiment one time with a group of friends. I held a small party at my house with about twenty guests. The guests were fifty percent male and fifty percent female.

The experiment was beautifully simple and brooked no room for debate. Before the first guest arrived, I ensured that the toilet seat was down. To be thorough, I also closed the toilet lid. Then I fell back to my innocent position of host.

To the knowledge of no one but myself, every time a guest repaired to the facilities, I checked when the left. Without one single exception, EVERY female left the seat down and the lid up. At the same time, every last male closed both the seat and the lid.

Hardly a scientific approach, I will grant you. At the same time, my dear friends of the compulsive gender, please accept the following advise in the spirit in which it is intended. Like the lid, keep it shut.

By the way, before anyone wants to debate disgusting bathroom habits, keep in mind I also worked as a janitor while going through school. Any stories you may use as responses to the above will find yourself regaled with many charming tales of cleaning a women's public restroom!

Bon soir mon chers!

Post edited by: kildare56, at: 02/27/2012 05:11 PM

02/27/2012 05:51 PM
sassy2684
sassy2684  

Kildare it freaks me out with the toilet seat lid up. I am obsessed with it being down before the toilet is flushed. I just dont like thinking all those germs floating in the from flushing..so I have to have the lid closed! Probably why I absolutely hate using public bathrooms, even mine at work

02/27/2012 06:07 PM
kildare56
kildare56  
Group Leader
I'm an Advocate

Thanks Sassy! If you didn't exist the world would have to create you. We need you!

02/27/2012 06:12 PM
sassy2684
sassy2684  

Aww Kildare you make me blush Smile

02/28/2012 05:58 AM
kildare56
kildare56  
Group Leader
I'm an Advocate

and still...

02/28/2012 06:07 AM
AmyGirl
AmyGirl  
VIP Member

LOL My family and I have to put our toilet seat down. It is a must because otherwise my 5 6 month old kittens will try and jump in there. LOL It is so funny because every time any visitors such as family or friends go to use my bathroom my 10 year old son makes sure he tells them. "Hey make sure you put the toilet seat dowm!!!!" LOL He is on it.

02/28/2012 06:42 AM
janicepv
janicepvPosts: 3264

yeah, when you have pets you need to keep the lid down. Dont want your dog to come and kiss you after he's had a drink out of the toilet!

02/28/2012 11:00 AM
PhilPhil46
PhilPhil46  
Group Leader
I'm an Advocate

I'm a seat down girl, I dont like the feeling of falling in the toilet and getting my tush wet lol But I don't care if it's down when I get there, I just take a tissue and put it down. OMG! Public bathrooms I avoid at all cost! Sad if I must I use papertowels, Step on the flush handle.

02/28/2012 11:30 AM
sassy2684
sassy2684  

Public toilets make me cringe..i make sure to go before I leave home and tell my girls to do the same!

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved