MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
02/27/2012 02:08 PM

is your panic higher when youre by yourself?(page 2)

Rflattsfan78
Rflattsfan78  

Right now I'm stabilizing back on Paxil...I'm seeing a therapist on Thursday to start CBT. I'm hoping in the next year as I continue therapy, I can come down on the medicine again slooooooowly Smile. I was taken off of it too fast, so I'm going back up to my regular dose so my seratpnin can stabilize....I'm titrating up slowly...these meds take 4-6 weeks to work again so I'm an anxious mess right now. My long term plan is to eventually be on a very low dose or nothing, but this will take time. Thx for asking Smile.

02/27/2012 02:09 PM
mandieo

I too have issues showering. It's so weird. I react to humidity so the moment the steam hits my lungs I panic. Also strange is that though I love my friends and family I have always liked my alone time. Or at least not minded it. Truthfully i can be a rather solitary person- except when I am going through one of my anxiety episodes. Which has happened very bad twice in my life now. This current one started up really bad in August right after I started a new job. It got so bad that I had to resign in December . And my anxiety has gotten progressively worse from that point on. Now I have very bad days and nights with constant shaking and shortness of breath- amongst various other symptoms . Today is an especially good day for me and I was even able to shower with no real symptoms. Yay! Every victory is something to celebrate no matter how small. This forum has started to help a great deal because I no longer feel super alone with this huge disorder. And it helps so much to read people's stories and revert back to them when you're having an attack because it helps to remind you that you are fine.

02/27/2012 02:14 PM
TennisP
TennisPPosts: 2439

Yeah ...

Just keep up eating well and all the other feel good things like exercising....

I hope you and your therapist can be a good match--are they someone new or you've been seeing them?

Having someone help us identify our beliefs can help us change our thinking....

Thinking/beliefs leads to feelings and feelings lead to behaviors... the more we think a certain way the more we will keep feeling that way that generally follows so that's why it's so important to have positive affirmations like "I am okay alone, I know how to take care of myself" etc....

Daily relaxation practice on purpose where you can look forward to a set time is very helpful...it's helped me since I've been doing that since December in addition to practicing being really aware of what's around me like noticing pretty flowers outside that I might normally just walk right by or appreciating the smell of a nice drink or appreciating the warmth of an electric blanket etc..

I hope you find some comforting things that help you feel better and more relaxed....

02/27/2012 02:18 PM
mandieo

I've only been to my therapist once and couldn't stay for the whole session ( last week was one of my worst) but so far I like him. And yes, relaxation is key to all this

02/27/2012 02:35 PM
TennisP

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KRTK4Pb_QU8&feature=related

Hope this brings a smile to someone! I just found this on Youtube. =)

02/27/2012 02:39 PM
mandieo

Haha! That was awesome! Too cute

02/27/2012 02:41 PM
TennisP

=)

Humor is healthy....we are meant to enjoy life!

02/27/2012 02:48 PM
mandieo

You know what I've tried too? When you're worried and anxious try smiling. Sometimes it helps

02/27/2012 03:15 PM
Rflattsfan78
Rflattsfan78  

Tennis, this is a totally new therapist so I'm hoping it's a good match for me! I go Thursday so I'll have an idea then Smile.

Yes, I've smiled in the mirror when I am anxious and it kinda does help Smile.

02/27/2012 04:28 PM
TennisP

well I hope it goes well....I have switched people a few times but happy with my current therapist.

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 2 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved