MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
01/22/2012 11:31 AM

please help!!!

gummiebear
gummiebear  

I have had panic disorder for about 7 years and I thought I knew all of my symptoms but here lately I have been new ones like nausea and muscleaches but they aren't during my panics they are after mainly the next day and I have developed this numb yet odd sensation in my left replete area. This is driving me crazy. I'm not on meds anymore and haven't been for a minute. I am so affraid that these things aren't panic related which throws my into the anxiety on the verge of a panic attack. Can anyone relate to this. Anything would ne much appreciatedUnsure

01/22/2012 11:34 AM
gummiebear
gummiebear  

That was ment to say left temple area. Sorry

01/22/2012 02:24 PM
njhoppe
njhoppe  
Group Leader

Hi gummiebear,

I you are really worried about these syptoms, you could always go have them checked out but, in my opinion, I think you are falling into the "what if" cycle. I think your anxiety is getting the best of you and creating unwanted but very bothersome physical reactions. Try to tell yourself, it is only panic and panic will not win! Remember, panic cannot hurt you. Keep us posted.

Hugs,

nj

01/22/2012 03:32 PM
PhilPhil46
PhilPhil46  
Group Leader
I'm an Advocate

Hey Gummiebear,

Welcome Smile

Sorry to hear the panic sesations are bothersome Sad

I get the nausea too or numbness on one side. But accept is as panic and it goes away.

Since these are new sensations, like NJ said have them checked it.

Some really good articles here, great support!

Panic can not harm or kill you.

Work on the what if thinking, they will scare you for no reason and trigger fear, which brings panics.

01/22/2012 03:49 PM
AmyGirl
AmyGirl  
VIP Member

Hey Gummibear!!! Well I went through the get over a symptom and then a new one appears deal for some time. I have went through so many different strange feelings and when they come on they will last for a month or so and then once I stop fearing it and know that it is just anxiety it will go away and a new one will appear.

I do agree with everyone here though for your own reassurance and peace of mind maybe getting it checked out or at least call your doctors office and explain to them what it is you are getting.

The thing I used to get was this weird numb feeling on the side of my head and face. Oh and at first is scared the heck out of me but as time went on it did go away.

Just call your doctor and you will feel better once you do trust me. Smile

01/22/2012 09:39 PM
gummiebear
gummiebear  

The worst part is is that I know it is nothing. Today when I stopped thinking about it and got to my " safe place" I was fine. I think most of it was because I had a baby panic attack lastnight and I just felt so drained. I also sometimes wish there was something wrong so I wont feel so crazy for thinking there is all the time. And I would be able to get rid of it.

At this point I'm almost sure I am having a panic relapse!!!

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved