MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
01/02/2012 02:00 PM

xanax or klonopin?

bigjay7777

which one do you prefer? or like better?

01/02/2012 02:09 PM
slada
slada  

I would take XANAX because it is stronger for me and doctor was right when he told me.

You should try if you can but only of doctor gives you prescription.

01/02/2012 03:50 PM
PhilPhil46
PhilPhil46  
Group Leader
I'm an Advocate

Everyone's body reacts differently to medications. I take xanax as needed.

All you can do is try what your Dr suggested, and document how you feel, and record any side effects.

What may work for some may not work as well for others.

01/03/2012 03:36 PM
leandrat

I hate them both worst thing that every happened to me was to start my benzo but I do take it and it did help for awhile now I have to take MORE and MORE just to not have sezuires,shake,throw up from withdrawals it doesnt even stop my panic attacks anymore

But I did both xanax is stronger and last a short amount of time

k's last longer and are weaker but build in your system

Both cause tolernace withdrawls if taken everyday

01/04/2012 05:41 AM
AmyGirl
AmyGirl  
VIP Member

Hmmm I would have to say this all depends on the persons body and how you go into in mentally. In my opinion if you think that it will work well most likely it will either one that is. Lots of nurses and doctors have told me that.

Now for me personally I liked the xanax while on it but the next day I felt like an evil spirit was trying to get me and so depressed and just all around weird. I have never taken klonapin so I don't know about that one. That is just me though that is why I say everyone is different and different meds work for different people.

I have tried ativan and seems the same thing happens to me. Must be the benzos. SO I don't take anything other than I have a beta blocker that I can take when my heart gets going too fast which it has went like 160-170-180 before. There is nothing wrong with my heart, I am a healthy 32 year old, my heart just goes fast.. What a beta blocker does is stop so much adrenaline from releasing in the body which makes my heart go fast for long periods of time and stops so much of that fight or flight feeling you get when on the verge of a panic attack. Like that scary terror feeling like you need to run. So the beta blocker when on it a couple days calms all that and slows my heart. As I said I will take it for a couple days and then stop taking it. Now some take it every day and then you should never stop taking it unless you wean yourself down and always of course discuss anything you are going to take with your doctor.

Good luck and let us know what you decided. And know we are all here if you need anything. Smile

Post edited by: AmyGirl, at: 01/04/2012 05:45 AM

Post edited by: AmyGirl, at: 01/04/2012 05:45 AM

Post edited by: AmyGirl, at: 01/04/2012 05:47 AM

01/04/2012 06:32 AM
jenny1978
jenny1978  
VIP Member

Well I take both Klonopin and Xanax. The Klonopin takes longer to help, but lasts longer and the Xanax works quicker, and doesn't last as long. That's how it is for me anyway and that is also how my doctor described it. I take a total of 4mg of Klonopin a day and 2mg of Xanax a day. The xanax is just at night though. Anyway, hopefully you will find what helps you the best.

01/04/2012 07:58 AM
kildare56
kildare56  
Group Leader
I'm an Advocate

Good question Bigjay. Every comment you've read here is right in its own way. I have never had Klonopin, but I take Xanax everyday. PhilPhil has, in my opinion, the most correct observation. These things do depend on your individual body chemistry. For example, I react Xanax in a different way than the others. I have taken it for a long time and it still works for me as well as it did at first. I have had no need to increase the dosage, so,at least in my case, increasing dependency is not an issue.

You should follow what your doctor recommends. Please let us know how you are.

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved