MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
11/02/2011 04:39 PM

New here and looking for...something

MaryJay8956

I'm new here and I'm def looking for something!I have been suffering from panic attacks for the past two years (only when I expose myself to anything, which isn't often). I have the want, boy do I have the want, my "will" just hasn't caught up. I know I need to do that one on my own. I have read every book and I feel like I know everything there is to know about panic and anxiety, I just have to do the action part. And it's frighting. But I have come to realize that for me, not doing anything about it, has slowly eaten away at every single part of my being. I feel like such a failure, and so many more negitive things,I realized that I have allowed it to eat it's way thru all of me that the only thing left is my will to live. I can feel it in there. And no, I don't mean I want to kill myself or anything, just that part we all have to to live,experience things, feel positive things. I am the type of person who holds everything in and it just stays there, no venting, it just sits, and it's starting to eat away at me.

11/02/2011 04:53 PM
PhilPhil46
PhilPhil46  
Group Leader
I'm an Advocate

Hi MaryJay!

Welcome, so glad you found this site. Lots of useful articles Tongueeople and support. Smile

I know what you mean about reading everything on panic. But now its time to apply those tools in your life.Smile

Panic will not go away on its own. It's going to take work and dedication on your part, and you have to be ready to do whatever it takes to get to that place you desire for your life.

Remember even with progress, there is always the possibility of a setback. Come here learn, apply it and keep moving forward.

You can do it, the first step in getting your life back, is always the hardest.

What have you tried to prevent or stop tour panic attacks? Have you discovered what triggers them, for you?

11/02/2011 04:57 PM
njhoppe
njhoppe  
Group Leader

Hi MaryJay and welcome. You have certainly come to the right place. We have all been in your shoes and understand the way you feel.

Right now you are at a crossroads in your life. You have studied and learned now it is time to take a step. They might only be baby steps at first but they are important steps and the first step is the hardest.

When you are ready to take that step we will be right here to listen to you and help when we can.

Hugs,

nj

11/02/2011 07:17 PM
janicepv
janicepvPosts: 3264

Maryjay, so many of your words are exactly like mine about myself! the only problem is that you are going to be supported and loved (not in a creepy way, as PhilPhil says) to death here! so may of us have filled our brains with info, looking for a way to be better, to be "Me", including me. So glad to have you aboard as we baby step through life. HUGS and lots of SUPPORT, Janice. or as Slada calls me, "jani"

11/03/2011 12:06 AM
frog44

I diddo Jani and know u will get LOTS of support, so post away Smile

11/10/2011 06:41 PM
MaryJay8956

thank you so much guys for the posts! I really appreciate it! I have never come to understand until now how important it is to not only feel supported but to be understood and to be able to relate. So thank you!

I know one thing that I have been struggling with lately (only because I just recently noticed it) is that whenever someone says something about going somewhere there is always this VERY quiet voice inside of me that says "I want to go!" But because it is so meek, it never comes out. It's the oddest thing. But I am thankful that it is there and I am now able to hear it!

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved