MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
06/26/2011 04:18 AM

It's going to be a shitty day :(

laurafran
laurafran  

Hey everybody

I just wanted to come by and get a pat in the back or something... I'm pretty upset because my parents, who came to visit from Argentina, are leaving today.

I live in NY and they came for a month because of my graduation. Last time they were here was 7 years ago so once they leave, I don't know how long it'll be until they come back.

It's not that bad since I travel there often, but my parents seem to be my kryptonite and I always panic around them and get deeply depressed when I have to part from them.

I also have to pretend to be ok because if they see me upset they get upset too...

Their plane is leaving at 3 pm and then I have to come back to an empty apartment that I'm very much not looking forward to... so I may be back here again later.

Thank you for listening

06/26/2011 06:36 AM
AmyGirl
AmyGirl  
VIP Member

OH wow that has to be really hard for you. Gosh I must give you a pat on the back because with me and my panic attacks and all that oh my gosh that would be so hard for me to deal with. My father passed away 6 years ago but my mom is still here and I see her and talk to her just about every day. So I can kind of imagine how hard this must be for you.

Hugs to you. I am so sorry you have to deal with this. Sad

06/26/2011 02:23 PM
laurafran
laurafran  

Thank you Amy

As I lay here crying I remind myself that I'm lucky to have parents, or even parents that love me. I should be thankful and happy but having them so far away hurts a lot. Not being able to go grocery shopping with them, or watching a movie together. Some people don't know how lucky they are...

I know it's my fault for moving so far away, but I'm from a small town and there's nothing but my parents there...

In life we're always giving something up, it's just a hard concept to grasp.

Thanks again. It really helps to hear from someone Smile

06/26/2011 06:45 PM
jojobear
jojobear  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

It must be very hard to have your parents so far away. Remember though that you will see them again and you will be ok. We are all here for you if you ever need to chat, vent, whatever...

HUGS! Smile

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved