MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
05/04/2011 12:40 PM

Death caused by fear

slada
slada  

Every person must have a fear of something whether it is an animals, ghosts or specific conditions. But can a deep fear could make someone die?

Often people hear the words, ‘You scared me to death' and stuff like that. Not many people who know that a deep fear could make someone actually die.

According to HowStuffWorks, when an individual feels a deep fear till they think they are going to die, then specific things will happen in the body. This response is a physical reaction of fear and known as the response of fight and flight.

This will create a power surge into the muscles that makes a person breathe faster and chemicals called adrenaline will be pumping into the bloodstream.

In some cases, when the threat or fear disappears, the body would automatically return to normal.

But some doctors believe that if the fear felt by someone is quite large, the jolt of a chemical compound can go straight to the heart and cause a person to die immediately.

Besides of that, the body factor which experience a high level of stress due to fear also influences or exacerbate this condition.

This death is called sudden death, which is generally defined as a natural death, namely the unexpected death which can occur in someone who previously did not indicate a life-threatening symptoms. Most people who experience this event showed symptoms of heart disease before.

Walter B. Cannon, a psychologist from Harvard said that the main cause of death contained in the sympathetic nervous system which is too active. Basically this sympathetic nervous system activate the response to ‘fight-or-flight', but in a state of fear, this response never dies.

Due to these conditions the response of ‘fight-or-flight' cause the blood vessels to constrict, so that the oxygen from the heart will not be taken to several organs. This of course can damage body organs due to not getting oxygen intake.

Conversely surge of adrenaline to the heart are almost the same as large amounts of cocaine that enters the body, that could kill some organs.

Scary movies can also make death becomes a real threat. These results suggest that death can can occur because of excessive emotion including joy, anger or fear. Therefore all people at risk of this condition.

05/04/2011 12:44 PM
slada
slada  

So what now my friends?W00t W00t W00t W00t

My fear can kill me,why doctor does not tell truth?

At least I know now I am not crazy when I feel I am going to die due to big fear that cause panic attack.Sad Sad Sad Sad

Everything is possible,we just have to find way how to fight and protect ourself and our heartCheerful everything else is easy!So any suggestions?LaughingSad Sad Sad Laughing W00t W00t

Post edited by: slada, at: 05/04/2011 12:46 PM

05/04/2011 12:57 PM
PhilPhil46
PhilPhil46  
Group Leader
I'm an Advocate

Slada no your fear will not kill you. read carefully those that did die suddenly, were Mostly people who experience this event showed symptoms of heart disease before. (HAD PRIOR HEART DISEASE)

SECOND. With panic attacks, we are in a temporary fight-or-flight'which ends when the panic does. We are NOT in a state of fear, this response never dies or ends.

The body is a lot tougher than this article explains. So we are not to have any emotions according to this article. These results suggest that death can can occur because of excessive emotion including joy, anger or fear. Shit I can die today in a car accident, slip in the shower or get hit by a stray bullet. Don't take this information to heart.

Do you have a heart condition? Are you in constant fear and never not in fear. I don't believe it applies to us with panic. The human body can handle panic attacks, it is designed to responsed to flight or fight responses. Fear it's self is not good for anyone. Calm down.

05/04/2011 01:43 PM
leandrat

oh hun im sorry you read things like this that is not true you cant die from fear ... phil is 100% right the statement is about people that HAD PRIOR HEART DISEASE..

and I also couldnt agree more that we are not in a state of FEAR we are not being chased by a bear or crashing in a air plane it is a chemical reaction that has nothing to do with what the paper is talking about at all..

yes take deep breaths this was not about people whom have panic attacks this is about someone that is in a car and it flips over and they already have heart problems and the shock is what kills them and the fact that there bodys were already sick people that have panic attacks DONT GO INTO SHOCK EVER! lol breath honey bear

I would also like to see where this report was posted as it reads as though someone young wrote it that had no cluse what they were talking about and were making things up it reminds me of a highschool science paper that had to be written for a final in highschool somewhere lol

and i love you so much but STOP looking things up about panic you know what it is, you know what it does, you know it cant harm you or at least you should know that by now, you know we are here for you, no one can stop them but you , and reading stuff about them online is not going to stop them, make them any better or cure you please i pray you stop harming yourself and STOP LOOKING THINGS UP ABOUT PANIC IT DOES NOTHING BUT HARM YOU!

Post edited by: leandrat, at: 05/04/2011 01:47 PM

05/04/2011 05:08 PM
davesprettylady

Dear Slada,

This simply isn't true. I'm currently taking physiopsychology and last semester I took neuropsychology, its all about how the body reacts to what the brain is doing. There was never any mention about fear being able to kill you. There is mention that often people with anxiety THINK they are going to die, but no evidence to support that it actually occurs. It says that stress overtime can build up and have ill effects, but nothing where you die suddenly.

05/05/2011 01:53 PM
slada
slada  

My dear Phil,Lee and Lady thank you so so much for being here with me and for explaining me more about fear.Not computer are guilty,I watch on TV--1001 way to die and there was guy who die from fear(gets aneurysm)because they was preparing to kill him with gun.He didn't die from gunshot,he die just second before from huge fear.Doctor was explaining what happen when he die,so I got so scary and I read informations on computer.

My dear Angels,I don't need much in this stupid mental stage,trust me.

I forgot to take my pills in morning and I just finch crying.

I am kissing you and hugging you thousand times Smile)))Smile))Smile)))

05/05/2011 01:58 PM
janicepv
janicepvPosts: 3264

1001 Ways to Die? Oh my, I would advise you not to watch that program. I think it's just another silly program put together quickly to fill a spot on the cable programming. It's not like it's an educational documentary put together over years by a reputable group like American Medical Association or National Geographic or the like. There are probably 1001 other programs to watch. Something lighter, something to make you smile or laugh.

05/05/2011 02:09 PM
leandrat

i agree no one and even MORE so people with panic need to watch programs such as that .... and an aneurysm is a blood clot NOT dying from fear .....I TOTALLY agree DONT watch things like this there is no point and Im sure NO real backing to a show like this I could MAKE UP 1001 ways I THINK i could die.....stay away from programs such as these till you can control your own thoughts and feelings about what your body can / could really do to you....

05/05/2011 05:35 PM
PhilPhil46
PhilPhil46  
Group Leader
I'm an Advocate

Ok I have to agree with everyone on this one. Stop watching that crap. Sad its not beneficial, educational or enjoyable. Way we see, eat and listen to affects us on so many levels.

05/05/2011 06:46 PM
slada
slada  

Love you my friends I wont you are right this is not for me Sad(((Sad((Sad((

I will never watch again thank you my friends,love you all

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved