MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
04/22/2011 08:41 PM

How do you get your family to understand?

katieroo
katieroo  

How do you explain to your loved ones that your panic isn't their fault? I had a panic meltdown today and my fiancee kinda freaked out...she's never seen me gripped by fear before...and it was so hard to try and explain what was going on while in the midst of my panic. Any suggestions? Thanks!

04/22/2011 09:05 PM
slada
slada  

Dear friend it is best to find her something on computer to read or print for her some informations so when she have time she can read and understood better.I know how you feel,I guaranty you after reading some informations about panic disorder she will be different person.

Happy Easter Smile))))Smile))))Smile))))

04/23/2011 12:24 AM
tinkerlulu
tinkerlulu  

god bless you darlin and i hope that she will understand..just try the printing stuff off or read your local library should have something about it.god bless you!

04/23/2011 03:09 AM
jojobear
jojobear  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

Information, lots of information. Knowledge is power. You can't always get people to read what you want so sometimes if you find an article that you want to share with someone, print it out, and just leave it somewhere the person you want to read it will find it can work.

Here is a great article on helping someone having a panic attack: http://www.mdjunction.com/forums/panic-attacks-discussions/ general-support/1799764-how-to-help-someone-having-a-panic- attack

Here is a good article on causes of panic disorder: http://www.mdjunction.com/forums/panic-attacks-discussions/ general-support/1782634-causes-of-panic-disorder

04/23/2011 01:52 PM
katieroo
katieroo  

Thank you all so much for your great suggestions and resources! Huge hugs!

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved