MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
03/20/2011 02:35 AM

I had a big one again

laurafran
laurafran  

The thing is that everytime I have an attack is in the middle of the night and everybody is sleeping Sad I also have a bad tendency of thinking that I don't want to bother people with my problems and I never talk to anyone until after the problem happens. I almost didn't post here either.

I know that it's just a panic attack and it will go away but I guess I just need a pat on the back right now.... someone to hold my hand for a minute.

Things have been pretty stressful and sad for the past few months so I guess I had it coming.

I'm feeling so dizzy and my hands are so numb I can barely write.

Is anybody out there?

03/20/2011 03:47 AM
Laur721

Hey Laura,

I get panic attacks sometimes in the middle of the night. Just remember there are always ups and downs. Try and think positively about times when you are up and put your mind to future events or plans that will make you happy. Know that it is okay to feel stressed out, or panicked, although the we hate those feelings we often feel guilty about the panic...which just fuels it even more.

03/20/2011 04:38 AM
PhilPhil46
PhilPhil46  
Group Leader
I'm an Advocate

Panics at night ate really. Difficult to deal with and scary. It sounds like you have a lot of stress going on in your life right now. The feelings of dizziness and numbness is what I call, a panic hangover. Use your tools, slow breathing will help with that hope it passes soon. Panic is real and what your experiencing is too. Detract your thoughts from the feeling. It will pass.

03/20/2011 07:29 AM
CrissyL
CrissyL  
VIP Member

Laura I'm sorry I missed your post, but I agree...middle of the night is awful Sad I hope you made it through the rest of the night okay!! *HUGS*

03/20/2011 07:59 AM
njhoppe
njhoppe  
Group Leader

I very seldom have panic in the middle of the night but when I have, it is the WORST feeling in the world. I always think it must be something else cause how could panic wake me up? I'm sorry you are struggling right now but you will get through it.

hugs,

nj

03/20/2011 09:04 AM
AmyGirl
AmyGirl  
VIP Member

OH yes the panic attacks that hit and especially wake you up in the middle of the night are the worst I think. A few weeks back I woke up in the middle of the night with a really bad one and of course everyone was sleeping and I was so scared because I felt like I was all alone. It did pass after like and hour or maybe longer. I hope you feel better and just know you are not alone in this. SmileSmile

03/20/2011 09:38 AM
davesprettylady

You are not alone. At night when I have time to stop and think is always the worst, I get myself going and get so freaked out I end up curled in the fetal position shaking. TERRIBLE! I am sorry you are having to deal with this terrible monster. We are here for you! Hang in there. You are in my prayers,

- Jen

03/20/2011 12:34 PM
laurafran
laurafran  

Thank you guys! It's a bit better now. I wasn't able to sleep much and I'm feeling a bit airy but life goes on. It really helps a lot to be able to come here and have all of your support! Thank you very much! Smile

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved