MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
02/01/2011 06:04 AM

Scared if my kids are alright

Peace4Rach
Peace4Rach  
VIP Member

I dropped the kids off at school in the snow and ice this morning and saw a big bulldover vehicle in the parking lot, they have to walk through. I can't get it out of my mind. I told my kids to try to walk away from where it is cause they might not see them walking. I'm afraid they might be hurt. I thought of calling the school. I know I may seem a little overprotective to the school but this concerns their safety and that truck shouldn't have been moving while kids were walking into school. What do I do? Do I wait and assume they are ok. This is one example of something that causes me great anxiety and each day it's something else I can't get out of my mind. Help!

02/01/2011 06:15 AM
njhoppe
njhoppe  
Group Leader

To get it out of your mind just call the school to check on the kids. Of course the kids are fine but call anyway. It doesn't matter what others think, if it helps you to ease your mind just do it is my opinion. Smile

02/01/2011 06:17 AM
jenny1978
jenny1978  
VIP Member

I would just call the school. It will put your mind at ease.

02/01/2011 06:31 AM
PhilPhil46
PhilPhil46  
Group Leader
I'm an Advocate

I don't think your being overprotective, those are your babies, call to make sure they are ok and put your mind at ease. Wink More parents should be just as concerned about their children these day. Go on lioness call and check on your cubs! lol

02/01/2011 07:21 AM
leandrat

I think if it is bothering you just call and check on them doesnt harm anyone to make sure the ones you love are safe

02/01/2011 11:56 AM
Peace4Rach
Peace4Rach  
VIP Member

I called the school and they checked the attendence sheet and they were there. I picked them up but with the storm, cars were pulling in and out of the parking lot where kids were being dismissed. They are not supposed to be in the parking lot. Only teacher cars are supposed to be there. Scary that a kid could get run over or hurt. Not good. My fear is rational I think. They are safe today. Rachele

02/01/2011 12:23 PM
PhilPhil46
PhilPhil46  
Group Leader
I'm an Advocate

So glad you called and check, hopefully you are more at peace now. Smile

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved