MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
01/31/2011 06:08 PM

Does the weather affect your mood?

slada
slada  

My dear friends,I found myself more "down"during cloudy days.

House lights does not help me,I do not know about youWink

I have more energy when is sunny and my mood is much betterSmile

Now in Ontario is very cloudy,outside is snow,snowstorm is coming tomorrow night.I do not like gray sky,it makes me feel bad.I notice for long time now when is dark I feel very anxious,can that be from childhood?

Why I hate dark,what make me feel bad,is it when I was 2 and half years old and being lock in bathroom while in daycare because my teacher was crazy?

02/01/2011 01:50 AM
Peace4Rach
Peace4Rach  
VIP Member

The weather does affect my mood. It gets worse during the winter months. It marks the hight of my depression and anxiety. I'm not sleeping and taking alot of antianxieties and still nothing is working. I'm so tired. I want to sleep the stress and depression away but I can't even sleep. I hate this time of year. My doctor has put me on a heavy dose of Vitamin D, a few thousand IU's to bring up the mood. He also suggested a light lamp which I haven't got yet. I'm at my wits end. So tired and no relief in sight. RacheleSad

Post edited by: Peace4Rach, at: 02/01/2011 01:52 AM

02/01/2011 06:19 AM
leandrat

I agree with that seems that I feel MUCH worse in the winter dont matter what I do I can take my meds,read,meditate,yoga ect and I still feel bad , but in the winter I feel good I still have panic and they are sometimes worse attacks than the winter but for some reason I can get over them faster and still feel good when they are over I am SURE it has something to do with the light and heat what I dont know and would LOVE to try and find out I have been looking up about that this last week or so --- very interesting that you brought that up

lee

02/01/2011 06:29 AM
PhilPhil46
PhilPhil46  
Group Leader
I'm an Advocate

OMG YES! If it's a sunny beautiful day, I feel uplifted, excited more energy. Wink If it's cloudy or raining, I have low energy, feel down, and blue. Weather also affects my migraines. Sad

02/01/2011 06:37 AM
jenny1978
jenny1978  
VIP Member

I agree with Phil. The beautiful sunny days make me feel so much better. I generally feel down if it is rainy or cloudy, but today it is rainy and cloudy and I ffel great, but I think that's because I made up my mind that today was going to be a great day! Smile

02/01/2011 07:22 AM
leandrat

soooo agree lol i cant wait till summer time GOD how I hope it gets here soon damn it

02/01/2011 10:17 AM
AmyGirl
AmyGirl  
VIP Member

For me when it is really hot outside I have the worse panic attacks it seems and my heart likes to pound and race when I try and do anything strenuous after I eat. But other than that I love the sunny days and I actually love the rainy days. I guess when it rains I think of it as God cleansing everything and when it thunders I picture it being him making all the noise and it makes me feel close to him. And when it snows someone told me it is a sign of hope so I think oh there is hope for what we are all going through. Smile Now with this snowstorm coming we should have quite a bit of hope. LOL.

Now last year was different for me. I hated the cold cloudy weather. It made me feel depressed and nervous and trapped at times. So I tried to turn it around by the things I said above. When I look at things that way it makes it seem more interesting and exciting and spiritual. I hope you feel better Slada and AmyGirl loves you.SmileSmileSmile

02/01/2011 04:45 PM
slada
slada  

My friends,now we are expecting big snowstorm around midnight and I am little nervous.Today again is cloudy outside and I am like weather not in good mood.AmyGirl,my love I am happy for you,this is great not to feel down during cloudy days or rain.Most of us my friends feel like me,and if I have money I would like to buy light lamp what Peace told us,but I can't.

I can't believe how stupid I am,I forgot to get my B12 injection for at least 5 months.....ha.....maybe this is why I am so so down and depress now.

I will get in Thursday and on Friday I will let you know how I feel.

Love you all

02/01/2011 05:02 PM
leandrat

OH I am so sorry you dont like stroms I LOVE THEM!!!! Perhaps it is your b12 I have noticed you post that you are sad when you dont take them I am glad you will get it soon perhaps it will help you

02/01/2011 05:11 PM
slada
slada  

Thank you my lovely Lee,I just don't like to be stuck if you know what I mean,I feel trap if roads are not clean,and always those stupid question in my mind.....what if Sad((Sad((Sad((Sad(((

For how longSad(((Sad(((Sad(((

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved