MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
01/30/2011 12:39 AM

did something bad

Juss2be
Juss2be  

Okay so I know more than anyone not to drink when on meds and having panic attacks, I mean the last time that I drank I had so many heart palps that lasted for hours, so I went and had an awesome time with my best friends but I know that I drank to much I had a limit but passed it by 3, so I am kind of scared of whats going to happen in the next 24 hours, I have been very anxietyish the last couple of days so I am very scared of tomorrow, because I will be alone with my kids and for real I don't drink very often and for real I wish that I hadn't so any encouraging words would be great I know that I never drink enough for something to happen but the side of the bottle says to avoid alcohol. I am just trying to remember how much fun that I have had. So anyways, good night everyone.

01/30/2011 05:31 AM
janicepv
janicepvPosts: 3264

Perhaps you can counteract doing something bad with doing something good for your body today, like starting your day with some soothing tea or decaff beverage of choice and some warm oatmeal, or make pancakes or french toast for yourself and your kids. Stay well hydrated through the day. Remember your antianxiety tools, your breathing etc. And maybe you can plan something fun to do with your kids - to keep your mind off what "might" happen with your heart and anxiety. I hope you get through the day safe and well and I hope my words provided you some encouragement. Hugs.

01/30/2011 06:28 AM
njhoppe
njhoppe  
Group Leader

I've done this to myself too and suffered from it. Try keeping yourself hydrated. Dehydration is the biggest thing dring alcohol does to you. Drink lots and lots of water and try to replace some of the potassium and sodium you lost. 1 large gatorade should do that and remember all your anxiety tools like janice said. Hope you feel ok today.

hugs

01/30/2011 08:51 AM
Juss2be
Juss2be  

thanks guys I am going to do all that! Im doin okay so far, little iffy around 7 this morning because I really needed more sleep so got some more and feeling pretty okay

01/30/2011 10:08 AM
leandrat

Im glad you are going ok like you already know and have said yes drinking on your meds and with panic are NOT a good thing at all not only can drinking on benzos (if you are on those) kill you drinking ALWAYS makes panic worse the next day because while we are already aware of every little physical thing thats happening in us, now we have added a toxin to our bodys thats JOB is to make us FEEL MORE lol,......stay away from drinking at all cost i have not drank a drop in YEAR because of the health hazards while on my meds, I do know many that drink and I as a person that FREAKS out at the thought of death cant willing take my meds then drink and them and blow my thoguhts to the wind that the very act of what I just did could kill me but my panic cant haha! Regardless I am glad that you feel better today and hope you day stays the same

Lee

01/30/2011 10:27 AM
Juss2be
Juss2be  

Yep I should know better, I am soooo against drinking and xanax because a single mom on my old street drank while taking them and her 7 yr old son found her dead, broke my heart.

01/30/2011 12:53 PM
leandrat

ohh thats sooo sad but true lesson learned though just know better next time,we all make mistakes its wether or not we learn from them that makes us whom we are

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved