MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
11/17/2008 08:30 AM

2 days since last attack, still feel yucky

Mike1975
Mike1975  

Its been 2 days since my last attack, still no meds. trying to tuff it out. But I feel dizzy, spacey, out of touch. Is this what its like all the time?

I think im going crazy. Why did this have to happen? ughh!

Sorry, just needed to vent.

11/17/2008 10:05 AM
Chanda
Chanda  
VIP Member

That's exactly how I feel Sad sometimes panic attacks feel different, sometimes they feel the same, like same symptoms, etc, but either way, they are crappy!

Ive asked myself to WHY DID THIS HAVE TO HAPPEN! Im mad, sad, confused...

So, all I can say is hang in there, some way, somehow, it will get better.

11/17/2008 10:10 AM
Mike1975
Mike1975  

Thank you, tonight I will be starting zoloft 25mg. Hope it helps.

You hang in there too! We will overcome, somehow, someday!

11/21/2008 12:28 PM
dreamsofinsomnia
dreamsofinsomnia  
VIP Member

i feel that way lots lately

12/02/2008 03:30 AM
carrie911
carrie911  

Its wierd...I have what I call "panicky weeks". For the last week or so, ive been really anxious, feeling as if any minute, an attack is coming on. I have had some, but the pre-feeling wont go away. ANd some weeks, Im just fine, no symptoms at all. Feel dizzy, have a knot in my throat, headache, just exhausted, shaky, i get freaked out, and then it goes right into full attack. I hate these weeks. Anyone else experience this kind of thing??

12/04/2008 03:27 PM
cmo72
cmo72  

I'm having a panicy month. I can't get rid of those pre-feelings either. I wish I could go back to being panic free. Once a year is fine with me. But I have to thread through this once again. I'm on prozac this time. Not sure if I like it. Thinking about going back on Paxil. I was pretty much panic free for about 4 years and then bam, decided I wanted to try and have a baby and opted for a less harmful drug. But now I'm paying the price. Everyday I wake up, I feel shaky and dizzy. Feel almost like I could pass out. Don't know if it's me or the drugs cause I don't recall having this symptom before. Wondering if going through this all over again for the next year or so just for a baby is worth. I have 3 step kids (older) and nieces and nephews. Wondering if I should just call it done and go back on my paxil and forget having a kid?!?! It's hard to go through again. I have support, but I don't want to have to go through my attacks after having been panic free for so long. Anyone feel this way on prozac?? Should I go back on paxil?

12/04/2008 03:55 PM
Holt
Holt  

You know, it's weird how sometimes I'll have a streak of a few days or a week where I'll feel pretty good. Then sometimes it goes the other way. Last week was great, and now this week I'm feeling more & more anxious, or really 'keyed up'. I took half a xanax this morning & then another half at 3:30 and by 4:00 I just asked my boss if he'd mind if I left early. By the time I got home I felt almost normal, just wiped out.

So yes, I would agree that some days, some weeks are better than others. It's always tough to remember the good days when you're having a bad one, but they always come back. Hopefully the more we learn how to cope with the disorder, the fewer and farther between the bad days will be!

I hope you all have a better day tomorrow - hey at least it's Friday!

~Andy

Post edited by: Holt, at: 12/04/2008 15:56

12/04/2008 09:36 PM
Chanda
Chanda  
VIP Member

Thats how I am too, then its like ur not use to having panic attacks, so you freak out even more.

12/07/2008 02:05 PM
menmymania
menmymaniaPosts: 241

Yeah my last streak of time lasted 2 months, total panic state I wouldn't wish it on anyone, just freaked me out how it took over my entire being and I didnt have any control over it. It wasn't like the anxiety attacks I had previously, it was horrible.

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved