MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
11/11/2010 03:09 PM

Increased Heart Rate

nkier

I have another question. Could an increased heart rate at rest be part of panic? I have days when I experience panic at random times of the day. At times I can have an increased heart rate when I go to bed. I can feel my heart beat and it makes it difficult to go to sleep. Is there a possibility this could relate to panic? Thanks for your time and thoughts. ~Nickir

11/11/2010 03:19 PM
leandrat

yes here is a list of panic related sysmptoms-

These can be at rest,work,walking,resting,even while you sleep that wake you up!

Clear intense panic

Palpitations, or accelerated heart rate (THIS IS WHAT YOU ASKED ABOUT!)

Sweating

Trembling or shaking

Muscle tension

Blurry vision

Sensations of shortness of breath or smothering

Feeling of choking

Chest pain or discomfort

Nausea or abdominal distress

Feeling dizzy, unsteady, lightheaded, or faint

Derealization (feelings of unreality) or depersonalization (being detached from oneself)

Fear of losing control or going insane

Fear of dying

Paresthesias (numbness or tingling sensations)

Chills or hot flashes

Weakness in the knees

Confusion

Tunnel vision

Blank mind

Sensing time going by very slowly

Feeling the need to escape

Feeling of warmth inside, expanding from within

Head pressure, unlike headache

11/11/2010 03:22 PM
damselndistress
damselndistressPosts: 16960
VIP Member

I have had the high heart rates.

I notice you posted regarding rib pain and clavicle pain also.

I had this just previous to when my heart rates started to get high.

Might have been costochondritis was what someone told me although I never got diagnosed with it.

I do have anxiety but I am not sure the rib pain and high heart rates were necessarily related.

Basically my chest hurt for a month.

Then the high heart rates started.

I can tell you that in time it has calmed down but it took quite a long time.

I had some activity intolerance with mine where as if I tried to do something like rake leaves I would come in breathless with my heart pounding.

11/11/2010 03:31 PM
leandrat

PLEASE REFER TO NEW POST FOR Q&A that I did it may answer your some of your questions and others as well!

lee

11/11/2010 03:43 PM
nkier

This is interesting. I know pain can bring on panic so having both symptoms get confusing. Thanks

11/11/2010 04:01 PM
damselndistress
damselndistressPosts: 16960
VIP Member

Well I don't want to jinx myself but mine seems better lately but it has taken me almost 2 years to get there.

I just hope it continues.

11/11/2010 04:08 PM
leandrat

yeah its like a a catch 22

panic can bring pain- pain can bring panic-thoughts of panic can bring panic- thoughts of panic pain can bring panic-not thinking of panic can make you painc lol nasty little thing panic----

11/11/2010 05:18 PM
nkier

Funny but not. It did make me smile. Thanks!!!

11/11/2010 05:33 PM
leandrat

funny but thats the REAL cycle of panic attacks

11/11/2010 07:31 PM
nkier

Our bodies are miraculous, our minds are the most complex. You mix the two with disruptions to both and you get what you described. I guess God feels I can grow even further than I ever thought possible. I believe when we go through what seems like torture we can then be helpful to others. Thank you for your time and giving of your knowledge. ~Nickie

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved