MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
09/25/2010 04:39 PM

I think i asked this a long time back but...(page 2)

JerseyFresh
JerseyFreshPosts: 27

yeah I dont get hammered drunk everyday. but a shot or two every few hours usually does the trick if i'm having bad anxiety. The doc gave me a script for .25 xanax which has just been sitting here. but i'm 6 ft. 200 pounds. I duno how well a .25 will work but he says they should do the trick. How quick do they work? how quick do they wear off? do you have anxiety after you come off and need another one? how quick are they out of your system? I DEFINITELY do not want to take SSRI as I have heard many nightmare stories about them. people who get alot worse on them rather than better. If ANYTHING i'd take a benzo. but I also like alchol and dont want to start going out with my friends again and having to take a benzo to do it and then I cant have any drinks while i'm out..... and yeah most people dont think death when they t hink about allergies. but I DO. death is my HUGE fear. as is most people with this disorder i guess. but it really ALL day every day is on my mind. I get REALLY bad heart palpitations (they say my heart is fine but i havent had EXTENSIVE tests just blood work EKG and Echo) but I'm just waiting for it to give out on me from all the constant stress and heart palps. ANY negative thing nowadays completely shatters my day and gets me depressed and anxious. I get heart palps all the time throughout the day and at night before i go to sleep which makes me scared to sleep cause i'm scared i wont wake up. Then I have to argue with my girlfriend all the time cause shes REALLLLLLY sick of my panic disorder. its ironic cause i had this awesome life before. and the FIRST day her and I started dating was the FIRST panic attack I had again and slowly descended to w here i am now. so shes been dealing for 3 1/2 years with these and shes really just DONE with it. which is really making me worse. we have kids. and I love her very much I cant picture losing her over this B/s but i dont even know where to start to rebuild my life... honestly. its like what do i do first even if i felt better today. she really lays into me about it too lately. I understand it sucks for her immensely to not be able to go out on regular dates and all. we're young. shes done a good job staying with me this long. blah... another horrible day

09/25/2010 05:34 PM
leandrat

yes you are right death is what we all think about with panic

heart racing

everything is wrong with us

everything will kill us

We all understand that and in the grips of panic we are ALWAYS going to die!

How quick do they work? -under the tounge (nasty taste) about 10mins or so, swallowed anywhere from 20min-1hour

How quick do they wear off? They can last diffrent for diffrent people

me I take them four times a day to help right now but like i said before am lowering my doseage right now my last about 6 hours for a .50mg but I have a tolerance for them cause I have taken them for almost a year straight

do you have anxiety after you come off and need another one? If you take them all day every day for months or weeks then yes you will have anxiety and want another thats the addiction and detox part but taken like once everyweek or two times a week at .50mg you should have NO withdrawls or addiction problems with them

how quick are they out of your system? on a drug screen they can take up to 7 days depending on the person.

09/25/2010 05:56 PM
JerseyFresh

do you think i'd feel a .25 if i took it? what does it feel like? i mean will i take a pill and magically hop in my car and drive? LOL

09/25/2010 05:57 PM
JerseyFresh

could I cut my .25 real small like cut just a tiny sliver off of it and take it to see how i react??

09/25/2010 06:24 PM
kent513
kent513  

Dude Death is constantly on my mind like all day. Sometimes I think about not existing anymore and its just so intense thinking about one day not existing anymore that it totally freaks me out. Actually even right now just talkin about it makes me antsy so Im gonna hush now.

09/25/2010 06:36 PM
JerseyFresh

I know how it is. I'm the same way. I'll be driving down the street and then ill be like "wow what if i collapse right now...." it happens ALL the time. today literally TODAY ont he front page of the paper a girl collapsed on her way to class in college. she was a freshman. wakes up 8 am to get ready for class... walks to class and at 9 am BOOM. dead. no reason. Or ill be laying in bed ready to go to bed and i'm just like wow what if i dont wake up tomorrow. its HORRIBLE. and IMPOSSIBLE not to think about i duno how people do it. i really feel like ill never get better no matter what drugs i'm on. the thought of death takes all the fun out of life

09/27/2010 05:45 AM
Rflattsfan78
Rflattsfan78  

Why was Slada banned??? anyone know???

09/27/2010 06:07 AM
leandrat

we are working on that now, roy has already been messaged and the Gl's are trying to find out as well. Thank you for your concern

As far as the death thing everyone thinks like this, just people with panic happen to think of it MORE because we are always worried about our health anyways!

I would not stress about what you read in the paper, not everything you read is correct, right or on point same with the news, dont fall into the trap of beliving what you read just because its in a paper or on TV.

There was a reason for that childs death, even if the man did not find a medical reason then there was SOMETHING that made a baby die its impossible just to die for no reason at all...

In the years I have been a nurse and sadly have watched people die, tried to save some and help take some to the basement there was always a reason ages brith to 99 there is a reason and one the 99% of the time can be seen the other 1% is unknown causes but there is a reason

Post edited by: leandrat, at: 09/27/2010 06:11 AM

09/27/2010 08:39 AM
AliKatt
AliKatt  

Yes we are all scared of death. Like my anxiety started this time when my dog passed away and BAM just like that all my anxiety was back after being abscent for the past 2 years. Almost 4 months later I feel better because of SSRI Zoloft (which I was SO SO scared to take) but I just had to make myself because the alternative to med's was living like I was and that wasn't living! Not leaving my house, not seeing my friends, basically being a recluse and not even being able to go to work in the morning or put on socks was ridiculous!! I HATE medicine with a passion! Not saying any of this to convince you just letting you know I know how you feel. But everyone needs to make their own choices about their course of treatment. Deep breathing does help and so does relaxation tapes.. Good luck!!

09/27/2010 02:59 PM
slada
slada  

My dear lovely,wonderful friends,thank you for thinking about me,I have no idea why that happen,but thank you all for sending massage to Roy and thank you Roy for letting me be here with all wonderful friends and peopleSmile))

My ALL lovely friends,I know how is to be scared from taking medications because I have/had this fear specially after seeing how much my husband suffer for 8 years being on wrong pills.JerseyFresh and all of you my dear friends;

THERE WAS ONE POINT IN MY LIFE WHERE I DID NOT CARE WHAT WILL HAPPEN TO ME IF I TAKE MEDICATIONS AND DIE.Why?

Because my life was so mess up and I was so so mad on myself for not be able to brake this circle.I was sick about my life,my doter spend 4 summer at home because of me,I couldn't drive nowhere and more I was afraid worse my condition become.Like dear Lee say,many thinks happen to people but I decide to take first pill with God help.I was not mother not wife.I did not live my life,I end up is some deep dark "hole"and I couldn't get out.I wait for somebody help not realizing,I am only one who can help myself.

After I "survive"first pill I was so,so happy it is very difficult to explain my feelings.I wish to share my feelings with somebody but nobody "dance"for me and nobody "sing"for me,but I expected.People did not realized what that day mean for me!

My life change on better after that,slowly but I had many positive improvement.I was stuck for 2 hours in elevator and I was taking stairs on fifth flour for 3 years,BUT I went again and again.I am claustrophobic so can you imagine how happy I was.

Small steps for somebody are HUGE steps for us,just we can understood that.

Does not matter what other people say,you can do it JUST when you feel ready!

I didn't die,I sleep well,I am less stress,don't cry like before every day,looking on bright side,more relax and I just wish so much I can return my 3 lost years in my life.

I still have fears about different medications but I brake fears for two antidepressants and I start to LISTEN my psychiatrist.He told me:you will not die from first pills Cipralex,and I didn't,he told me you will not die from second pills Wellbutrin and I didn't,so he comfort me and I TRUST HIM.You try to find someone who will talk with you and who you will trust because MIRACLE WILL HAPPEN!

It may take time,but it is worth every second,trust meSmile))Smile))Smile))

Love you all a lotKissing Kissing Kissing Kissing Kissing

Post edited by: slada, at: 09/27/2010 03:07 PM

Post edited by: slada, at: 09/27/2010 03:10 PM

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 2 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved