MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
05/04/2010 08:22 AM

Amoxicillin and anxiety?

cindersoot1234
cindersoot1234  

I was prescribed amoxicillin for a sinus infection and Im noticing really wierd mood changes and anxiety. Also extreme headaches, anyone else ever have this on amoxicillin??

05/04/2010 03:22 PM
mem8850

i can't tolerate Amoxicillin.....it's a anti biotic that works especially well on upper resperatory and tooth/mouth infection....i took it 2 days...couldn't stand it.

...........Bless..........R.

05/04/2010 03:41 PM
cindersoot1234
cindersoot1234  

What did it do to you?

05/05/2010 02:13 AM
DigitalFreedom
DigitalFreedom  

I was prescribed that antibiotic for most dental work, which I have much more to do. 30 pills for $4.00- While Penicillin (ALSO PRESCRIBED FOR DENTAL WORK) can cost $30 for less pills and be no more effective FOR ME.

When I lived in Michigan I suffered daily sinus headaches, and those much worse sinus infections. For me OTC Clariton-D 24 hour pills, they help clear my head while I take Tylenol for the pain(most states make you sign for Clariton-D at the pharmacy and they ID ya to keep a list of any people making METH out of it (I think one is allowed to buy like two boxes per day, but that's just an attempt to give the druggies enough rope to hang themselves)

Amoxicillin (SP!) has no connection to my panic at all. HOWEVER, I can see where having a bad sinus headache, or even dental work, might increase our odds of having an attack triggered. Maybe it's not the antibiotic, but rather the circumstances surrounding your need to get it.... Just another flag to rise to see if it gets shot down.

Personally I find that antibiotics actually make a bad sinus head ach far worse (more pain/ sometimes more pressure) for a few days before the white blood cels get large enough in numbers to kill whatever garbage got stuck in are sinuses that started the infection- THEN we get better! Doctors tell me that is the purpose of the Sinus area, to catch germs/virus,bacteria etc BEFORE it has a chance to get into our lungs. (thus it is consider safer to breath thru one's nose than one's mouth). Stomach acid can kill most of these bugs I am told, but once in the lungs they have a one way ticket to our bloodstream. So, every time I get a painful sinus infection, often for over a week, I am reminded it could be worse if the source made it into my lungs/blood. I once was told that flue shots encourage our body to react this way to any bug we got a shot for.

God/mother nature it the wisdom of making our bodies stuck a form of flypaper in our heads (sinuses) to keep us from becoming even sicker if such "bugs" went further into our bodies.

I say this only for the ones reading that were unaware. I agree that sinus headaches are VERY painful, but it often can be better than risky death due to a serious flu bug making it past out sinus area. The more pain the more serious it would of been if it reached our lungs (imho).

-OTOH: Simple allergies to all of the spring bloom and mold spores can trigger sinus infections often in the spring, yet we still are better off with a bad sinus headache than to have these spores floating around in our bloodstreams. (AS A DOCTOR ONCE BROKE IT DOWN TO ME)

But, no panic connection I can draw directly to the antibiotic, only the situation that lead up to me needing the antibiotics. The combination of Clariton -D 24 hour AND Tylenol are the most helpful theings I can find OTC for these painful headaches. If you feel your antibiotics are a trigger to panic, maybe you should consider the OTC meds and waiting it out. Most cases for me I was in mega headache pain no matter if I was taking antibiotics or not- the body needs time to build up it's white blood cell army to kill off the invader stuck within the sinus "flypaper"- haha

I KNOW YOUR PANIC MUST BE CLOSE TO LEVEL 10 BY NOW, I TRY TO POST LIGHT HEAR-TED SUBJECT MATTER TO YOU IN HOPES IT MIGHT KEEP YOUR MIND OFF OF THE evil panic attackers!

Just call me Terry

(Too many caps posted due to sticky keyboard- sorry, I'm not yelling) - Sorry for typos and bad spelling.

Post edited by: DigitalFreedom, at: 05/05/2010 02:17 AM

Post edited by: DigitalFreedom, at: 05/05/2010 02:18 AM

05/05/2010 02:27 AM
DigitalFreedom
DigitalFreedom  

Oh! I just remembered something very cool!!!

Personally for me at least, every time I get over one of my worse sinus infections within two weeks at some point when I'm finally out of pain in my head, I will blow my nose hard to breath- AND.....

BAAM! I got my tissue paper all ready cuz I can feel something that badly needs cleared out of my sinuses.... Yup, I think it's the actual remainders of the infection after our bodies manage to kill off the source! - It's not that difficult to tell really and I feel is educational....

Yup, when you blow your nose real hard about 3 weeks after a sinus infection, well in MY cases anyway, I end up blowing something out of my nose that reminds me of a hairy bloody green space-alien with one big eye-ball blinking back at me!! Sometimes I don't think the white blood cells completely kill off the body invader, the cells just take it hostage and eject it out of our nose alive. LOL! ARGH it's almost enough to make ya pass out!!! --- But it might serve as confirmation the antibiotics worked!! haha (yeah- GROSSS!)

Gosh, I sure hope nobody is trying to eat when they read this...

Post edited by: DigitalFreedom, at: 05/05/2010 08:34 PM

05/05/2010 05:20 AM
cindersoot1234
cindersoot1234  

Lmao, you made my day!

05/05/2010 05:24 AM
cindersoot1234
cindersoot1234  

Sticky keyboard,hmmmm.?Wink

05/05/2010 08:30 PM
DigitalFreedom
DigitalFreedom  

Opps, I always seem to word this problem the same way and often get the same remark pointed out to me. lol, yeah it might paint the wrong picture, that's for sure.

A better choice of words would of been a sticky caps key on the keyboard was on when I thought it was in the lower cap position. I type by the self taught "hunt and peek" method, so my eyes are on the keyboard as I type. Next I am often surprised to read something I did not mean to type! lol

Wait... Did I say "hunt and peek"?

Awe, never-mind. I guess it's a bad week for communicating for me. Laughing

Cheers friends!

05/06/2010 08:49 AM
cindersoot1234
cindersoot1234  

Cheers!

05/06/2010 03:53 PM
cindersoot1234
cindersoot1234  

Hey memi3uk, are from central Iowa?

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved