MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
01/27/2010 08:08 AM

maybe this isnt for men?

hayleea
hayleeaPosts: 43

ok sorry for detail, but every month when i 'come on' i seem to come down big time, i get tierd very tierd as in no energy for anything, i keep thinking and thinking about things then i start to panic and worry about these things, and every pain or twinge i get anywhere in my body, my mind exergerates it 10x's to what it really is like for instance i have a headache, then my neck hurts ,then my throat then i think theres something badly up? or like when i woke up early this morning i had a coughing fit an my chest badly hurt so then my mind thinks that cos i smoke i have something badly wrong with my lungs and there like breaking apart or got something bad!!!! basically can being on ur period make a sufferer even worse at that time of month?

01/27/2010 08:47 AM
cindersoot1234
cindersoot1234  

Yeah I think its hormones messing with us. But yeah I do that to, like a headache means a brain cancer, or a stomach ache is a deathe sentance. Its crazy, and my mom is just like this she tells me it gets worst the older you are. Great

01/27/2010 12:06 PM
hayleea
hayleeaPosts: 43

yeh i agree, its weird though as ive felt weird all day and over tierd and no energy but it comes 5 oclock and ive really perked up like im a normal person again and all the depressive thoughts have gone!!!!, my fiance went to get some shopping about half 4 and i heard loads of traffic outside and i thought omg what if the world is ending right now, like that new film 2012 i thought what if its happend early and really nasty thoughts started filling my head , but i just started cookin=g to distract my stupid disturbed brain lol!!! i think with ppl like us we just have to humour ourselfs like normal ppl do! that can sometimes make things better

01/27/2010 12:24 PM
cindersoot1234
cindersoot1234  

I know thank goodness I have a sense of humor.

01/27/2010 03:47 PM
Endziel
Endziel  

hayleea,

Even though I'm not a women I can relate what your saying and for when your menstruating I agree with cindersoot1234 that your hormones play a part as well. I don't want to tell you what to do and all but you should quit smoking. My mom got tongue cancer from smoking and they had to remove part of her tongue and some of her lymph nodes. Then she continued smoking and cancer came back and they had to remove more of her tongue so now she has about one third of her tongue gone, has a hard time talking, and the radiation treatment destroyed all of her teeth and part of her jawbone. Well she continued smoking and just recently was having problems they found a cancerous tumor in her neck they removed most of it but couldn't get all of it because part of it grew in between her vocal cords and carotid artery. So to get the rest of it they're gonna try chemo. Sorry for this for being so long, I just care about people.

Have a good day,

Endziel

01/27/2010 05:00 PM
crazy09

I was just thinking about the same thing this morning. It is not my time of the month for another week or so and the last few days I have felt good. I do believe that the hormones do play apart in the anxiety and panic attacks. I know it does me. I have basicly one good week a month.

01/28/2010 04:22 PM
crazy09

Well I had a panic attack this morning at 4am and I think part of the problem is the PMS hormone thing.

01/28/2010 06:37 PM
RavenLight
RavenLight  

i definitely agree with the hormone part. i've noticed that my panic and anxiety gets a lot worst about a week before i start. i used to just get more depressed and irritated but since my panic attacks started again, they've been thrown in there as well. and i get super tired around that time. where i can't focus or concentrate and i feel like i'm going into a coma. (although i've never been in a coma so i don't know) i also crave a lot of sugar during this time and that might be part of my crashing.

and, yes, we all need to stop smoking! thanks endziel for making the scare even worst! Smile it's such a hard thing to give up. i've been sober over nine years and this just doesn't compare. but NEED to quit.

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved