MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
01/26/2010 11:21 AM

Tired and sleepy all day everyday

cindersoot1234
cindersoot1234  

Sideways Almost everyday I feel like sleeping nonstop just plain tired, and then about 5pm Im full of some I say some energy. I like dark cloudy days especially winter because it gives you an excuse to lay aroung. Im not lazy I mean I want to have energy. Does anyone else expierience this? I wonder if its the Prozac, but Ive been on it for 5 to 6 yrs.

01/26/2010 03:07 PM
OnlyInDreams
OnlyInDreams  

Have you been more anxious or depressed lately? That was happening to me and it caused me great tiredness. I slept a good sleep, but I'd feel the need for a nap the majority of the day. My Dr. switched my meds and that helped (I was on Zoloft for a year). But it sucks I know. Some days I would drive to work and I'd think that I would have to pull over b/c I thought I'd fall asleep again after an 8hr sleep, but I never did thank god lol.

01/26/2010 03:29 PM
ray2135

Hi Dreams

Your symptom is possibly -

1. sleep apnea

2. mono

Both are bad actors.

You should consider getting checked out. Just my opinion.

Raoul

01/26/2010 06:03 PM
OnlyInDreams
OnlyInDreams  

Hi Raoul,

I can't speak for cindersoot, buy I can definitely say those were neither of my problems. Thanks though.

01/26/2010 06:55 PM
Gretnate

I feel it too and I think the urge to sleep goes into our serpintine levels of the brain from caveman days, and I think we go into a pseudo-hibernation in the winter. Maybe it used to be useful (before modern heaters and such) to sit around and sleep and eat in order to stay warm and just survive the winter. Also FYI energy comes from sun! Even on the grayest days, there is 10x the amount of spectrum light outside than with a florescent bulb indoors. TRUST ME. I have virtually cured myself of SAD and Depression so this is no joke. Get outside and you'll feel better. Although I recommend snow pants if you are going to stay out for more than 10 min. I discovered the joy of snow pants after having kids. Now I have an excuse to wear them! GO SNOWPANTS!

01/27/2010 08:13 AM
hayleea
hayleeaPosts: 43

omg i get this everyday at the moment!!! its real bad today!!! i just cant pick up energy and feel so crap and run down!!!! and im not on anything

01/27/2010 08:42 AM
cindersoot1234
cindersoot1234  

I know like the mornings are worst for me, Ive been on the couch all morning and here its almost 11:00am and Im tryed to get some spunk. Usually by 4 or 5pm Im full of energy.

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved