MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
11/13/2012 06:00 AM

I really think this is going to kill me

Lca31

This anxiety really feels like its going to kill me. I have been dealing with this for the past 18 months. And it has been NONSTOP. There has never been a day without me feeling like I'm going to die. I don't know what to do anymore. I am on medication, a lot actually. I have been on pretty much every main anti anxiety drug but nothing has helped. I feel completely helpless. I don't know what to do anymore. I don't drive. I dropped out of school. I quit my job. I feel like I always have to be around somebody in case something bad happens. I can't live like this anymore!!! im actually having a panic attack right now !!' What other option is there for me?!?

11/13/2012 10:38 AM
AliKatt
AliKatt  

LCA so sorry your feeling so bad. The first thing you need to do is tell your self that PA's cannot kill you. There has been NO one that has died from a PA. Secondly what do you do during a PA? Do you deep breathe? Do you try meditation or guided meditation? Do you exercise? What is your line of defense against these?

11/13/2012 12:51 PM
goose63

its tough man. Its a new thing for me 2....ive been getting them around 18 months. I have periods with them and periods with out them. Just when I think I might be safe, one hits me at a very random time.

We gotta move forward. Live your life. Overcome. Come on here and talk to people. If i have an attack at work, I immediately come to this page. and begin the calming process. Dont let it own you.

You can do it

11/13/2012 04:13 PM
NotTHATMartha

Hey, Matt,

Search on this forum for a post by PhilPhil, "11/08/2012 07:38 AM

Using CBT to Overcome Panic Attacks." It is very calming to read, and talks about how anxiety attacks won't kill you. I printed it out so I'll have it handy if I get another panic.

I too sometimes feel as if I'm going to die, especially because I'm older and worried about a heart attack. Many of the symptoms I get are the same.

Coming on this web site and reading always helps to calm me down.

Best wishes to you,

Martha

11/13/2012 06:43 PM
janicepv
janicepvPosts: 3264

oh hun, it wont, it wont, it wont, as hard as that is to believe in the throes of a PA!

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved