MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
03/03/2010 08:56 AM

Wanted to say Hi and glad to be here

Nikki59

I have an ileostomy, and her name is Cindy. Does she know how to behave? HAHA I don't think so. I am so glad that MDJ has a stoma support group. We need all the help we can get.

03/03/2010 10:22 AM
ShelbyBoat
ShelbyBoat  

Hi Nikki,

Cute that you named you Ileostomy. I have one too but I have not named it yet. ...So where did the name Cindy come from?

Shelby

Smile

03/04/2010 05:58 AM
Nikki59

We had a friend named Cindy, that just spouted of at the mouth all the time and we just couldnt resist giving her that name. She needs to be changed today, but I have to see my surgeon this morning. Hope she holds....UGH

03/04/2010 09:05 AM
mycrohns
mycrohns  

Hi everyone! Glad to be here a part of this group.

I had an Ileostomy that was just reversed almost 2 months ago and now I still have the Colostomy. Hopefully, that will be reversed too within a month or so. Fingers crossed.

Nikki, good luck with your surgeon appt. Keep us updated and hope Cindy behaves herself. Smile

Shelbyboat, I don't have a name either for my colostomy. I guess we should start searching.

Best wishes to all!

03/04/2010 11:16 AM
Nikki59

Well I must admit that Cindy was a good girl, which is a first for her. My appointment with my gorgeous surgeon went very well. My open would should be closed in a couple weeks and Cindy was looking.

I think every stoma need a name especially if he or she is going to be around for life. They become a part of you and your daily routine. You like the get in the way when you get dressed, godh I hate that. The bag isn't long enough to flip over your shoulder, so you can get your pants put on...hahahahaha Oh well just my opinion.

God Bless you all!!

03/04/2010 07:31 PM
forest
forest  

Hello everyone! I have had an ileostomy for five years now, and will have it for life. I haven't named mine though. I hope that everyone is doing well. I am more than happy to share my experiences with my ostomy. I am glad to see everyone here!

Scott

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved