MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
06/09/2009 03:06 PM

Pelvis Fracture

Gen

Has anyone fractured their pelvis. I have osteopenia and they told me this is a stress fracture. I did nothing to cause this. I have lupus and I have been on prednisone for three years.

My hip started to hurt the beginning of April. After a hip xray showed nothing, they ordered a MRI. They found the fracture. They said I wouldn't need surgery and it would heal.

The funny thing is until they drooped the prednisone mg. down I had no pain in the pelvis area. Now I'm suffering so bad. This has been going on sense April.

Should I be worried that I moved the wrong way and made it worse. The pain is so intence now????

GenW00t

07/13/2009 03:34 PM
hatbox121
hatbox121  
VIP Member

The only symptom you had was pain? Was it a severe pain or an achy type pain?

07/13/2009 04:33 PM
Gen

hatbox121,

Yep, but the pain was in my hip. The funny thing is at first the pain was in my right hip. I fractured the right side pelvis. Then I fell and my left side started to hurt too???

Yes the pain is severe. I can feel something inside me shift when I roll over in bed. So much pain.

Once I do any heavy lifting or move the wrong way it starts all over again. The pain is so bad I take 1 oxycoten three times a day and ibprofen every four hours and no relief!!! Gen

07/14/2009 05:39 PM
hatbox121
hatbox121  
VIP Member

Thanks Gen. My right hip's been extremly tender the past few days. Like if I move it hurts but not that severe. I do have a bruise there but I never hit it or bumped into anything so I don't know what that's about. Mines probably a muscle thing. Just thought I'd ask.

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved