MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
02/19/2010 08:26 AM

Myofascial Release Therapy?

khrys1119

I just started this therapy along with traditional physical therapy last week and was wondering if anyone here has any experience with it?

So far (all of two sessions, lol) it has been painful, but I think it might have helped the muscles a bit anyway.

Anyone else?

TIA,

~Khrys.

Post edited by: khrys1119, at: 02/19/2010 08:39 AM

03/30/2010 05:59 PM
huskyboys

My massage therapist does this each week. Yes I think it helps WAY!!!

04/01/2010 11:06 AM
brugette
brugette  

I've never tried it, but I've heard and read alot about it. Glad it helping you both and wish you continued success. Sometimes massage therapy and PT hurt initially but then relief is felt. You know what they say, no pain, no gain.....

Patty

04/25/2010 09:11 PM
gpaulson4

It worked well for me at least getting the range of motion back. I encourage you to keep it up. Did not solve my pain but helped.

05/04/2010 06:57 AM
huskyboys

The one thing that I've learned is that everything in our body is connected to everything else. how the muscle pain in my lower back is pulling of my shoulder then that pulls on my neck which puts pressure on my occipital nerves then that triggers a migraine!!! Myofascial R. Totally works. I actually have to take some sort of pain reliever before my massage therapy when i go because it does get sooo painful. Think of it like this: you buy a chicken breast (raw to cook). Under the skin there is a thin, light weight lining over the meat. It is really strong and can hold the breast there even if it were to tear inside. MR stretches that lining so that your muscles can actually relax and your physical or massage therapy can work. Good luck

08/31/2011 03:50 PM
Snufulupagus
SnufulupagusPosts: 5

Myofacial can feel very good, cranial sacral is a complete waste of time and a total joke

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved