MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
03/27/2012 06:29 AM

6 weeks having some migraines

shamus58

Hi all new here but had the surgery done on feb 16th I had back of head temples forhead and deviated septum surgery, I woke up with a very bad headache and had to go to the er as I had out patient surgery and was send home after a 7 hour surgery and didnt make it all the way home before getting very sick.

the good news is I have been doing very well with migranes however as the feeling is coming back in my forhead and temples I am starting to get more headaches. its making me very depressed and anxious and panicky. the facicility I had it done at says this is very normal.

they say some people never have another migrane but that it does take some people a while to really see the positive results. I guess I am so worried because I was better now seem to be worse.. anyone have this happen and how did you make out? Please hoping for some answers .

03/27/2012 07:48 AM
MigraineMama

shamus58, hope you are feeling better today! My daughter still had a lot of pain not long after her surgery (January 17). Now, two months post op, it is gradually easing. The surgeon told us to expect at least 3 to 6 months before we really know how much relief she'll have. It is hard to be patient after suffering for so long, but those poor nerves have to have time to settle down after all that has happened. I know she wishes she could just wake up pain-free, but now that she is seeing the relief kick in she is more encouraged. Hang in there!

03/27/2012 09:03 AM
shamus58

thank you, I totally think your right and it helps to hear it from others. hoping your daughter and I will be pain free soon!

03/28/2012 12:47 PM
mamalu
mamalu  
Group Leader

shamus>how are feeling

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved