MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
03/02/2012 06:23 PM

Need Appeal Help Please

RAH468

I've been scheduled for occipital nerve decompression at the end of March and today I received the dreaded "denied" letter from insurance. Could anyone who was successful in an appeal please tell me what type of info you sent insurance? I'm sure I can get my pain management doc, neurosurgeon and family doc to help. And it's not like the surgeon is charging what many others do, the total cost for everything is $4,800 (surgical site, anesthesia, surgeon fee - everything). Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Becky

03/03/2012 03:28 PM
MigraineMama

I believe I've seen some folks on this forum discuss appeals. Also, there may be some helpful info at this link:

http://migraine.com/blog/living-with-migraine/preparing-a- written-appeal-letter-for-insurance-company/

Good luck, we're pulling for you!

03/03/2012 07:19 PM
RAH468

Thanks MigraineMama - that article is a great guideline!!!!! I hope your daughter is starting to feelo better!

Becky

03/04/2012 08:48 PM
DISORDER

if you don't mind me asking who is your surgeon thanks diane

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved