MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
12/20/2011 10:22 PM

Decompression by Dr. Jho Pittsburgh for ON

AnotherMime
AnotherMimePosts: 38

Has anyone had C-2 Microdecompression Neurosurgery for Occipital Neuralgia by Dr. Jho in Pittsburgh? If so, what was the outcome. He claims a very high success ratio, but I would like to hear from others since I am considering that particular surgery. http://www.drjho.com/

12/29/2011 04:06 AM
AnotherMime
AnotherMimePosts: 38

Dr. Jho in Pittsburgh sent me a letter today saying that he refuses to do this procedure because I have already had a decompression surgery that did not work and I have a neurostimulator implanted. I have heard that he does screen his patients very well - he is very selective on who he qualifies for the surgery. This may account for his high success rate that his office reports - 80% success ratio, I think. I wish I had the decompression surgery done by Dr. Jho rather than by the VA Medical Center. I am not sure that the decompression done by the VA was the same that Dr. Jho offers, he did not comment. Word of advice: Try decompression BEFORE getting a neurostimulator implanted and BEFORE getting radiofrequency. My next step is to see if I can locate a neurosurgeon who is willing to perform a second decompression surgery with an implanted neurostimulator in place. Please advise if you have a doctor you can recommend. I am in desperate need of help.

12/30/2011 03:59 AM
snelko
snelko  

I had met Dr. Jho in 2009, he is a very rude man, and I am not sure who he is willing to help. He didn't want to even look at me, once he found out I had a car accident.

The only people he has pictures of in his office are athletes that have had his surgery.

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved