MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
07/27/2011 04:59 PM

pain back

redrobin1977

Ugh! my head pain came back about 2 weeks ago. The bad thing is I am now in the 2 week range for my surgery (aug. 9th). What I can take is really limited. By the way, does food affect anyone else? My willpower caved and I ate some chocolate cake. The pain got much worse.

07/27/2011 09:34 PM
MelRose
MelRosePosts: 117

I am so so sorry for your pain. Mine has gotten worse too. I just went through a series of nerve blocks over the last 6 weeks. Some relief, but not enough. I get that severe ice pick stabbing in your eye on my left eye. Also, it now tingles and goes numb on the left side of my head above the ear. Today, however, I woke up pain free and felt good all day until about 8 pm; not long after dinner. I didn't have any chocolate, or cake, just food, but this seems to happen often and I am now wondering if there is something that I'm eating or drinking that could be contributing. I just did Genova Diagnostics test, which tests your gut and will hopefully tell me what could be contributing to this. I have no stomach issues, that I know of. Sometimes you can have things going on that could contribute. I will get my test results in 2 weeks. I'm thinking my doc may put me on a detox. If my results are worth mentioning, I will sure pass my info along. Best of luck to you with your upcoming surgery. And hope you will be pain free soon!

Melanie

07/28/2011 05:39 AM
redrobin1977

I have never heard of that testing.

07/28/2011 11:04 AM
cmiller
cmiller  
I'm an Advocate

I don't know about food causing more ON but I know it affects migraines. One thing I do know is that some 24% of ON patients can have taste and smell sensitivities. I read that in some med journal a while back because I have it. I can crave something for dinner and then after cooking it the smell of it makes me not eat it.

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved