MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
03/24/2011 10:06 AM

Dr. Ducic's lecture about ON and Migraines

cmiller
cmiller  
I'm an Advocate

Hi Everyone,

I just wanted to give Dr. Ducic his own sticky because this one of the best places to get decent info about ON.

It is about 34 minutes long but worth the time. if you want to just listen about ON I think that starts at the 17 minute mark, but he does explain a lot before that.

http://www.georgetownuniversityhospital.org/LectureSeries/? lecture=Surgical_Treatment_Chronic_MigraineHeadaches

03/24/2011 01:21 PM
mamalu
mamalu  
Group Leader

thanks for doing that Chloe. I think it is so informative... How r u feeling?

05/04/2011 02:01 PM
annieohio
annieohioPosts: 131

Thank you so much for the link Chloe. I listened/watched the entire thing and it was very interesting. I think it made a LOT of sense for me in understanding the ON process and headaches. Definitely worth the watch time!

Annie

05/31/2011 10:12 AM
Trixi
Trixi  

Thank you for this link! It's awesome. I think I'm going to try and get my headache neuros email and send this to her!!!

Awesome Chloe!!! Thanks a bunch

Trixi

06/03/2011 08:14 PM
Teah

Thanks Chloe, I found Dr. Ducic to be very easy to understand in how he explains things.

08/11/2011 11:57 AM
chelsvball14

I had my occipital neuralgia surgery with Dr. Ducic on June. He removed my lesser occipital nerves and worked on my greater occipital nerves. Everything was going great until a few weeks ago when I started having intense hypersensitivty on both sides of my head from near my ear all the way over to the midline of my head. Brushing my hair, washing it, touching my scalp, and laying on those parts of my head are all painful (it feels like little bee stings). However, it only hurts when I actually am touching these parts of my head. Did anyone else experience this? I thought it might be the nerves regenerating, but now I am not so sure. Sad

08/11/2011 02:04 PM
bobswifeamy
bobswifeamy  

Yes, I experienced it, too! It's normal, and mine went away. Part of the healing process. I also had the shooting pains that felt like injections - but they, too have completely gone away. My Occ surg w/Dr D was in March. To me, it feels like my scalp was sunburned. As I am fair-skinned, and blonde hair- I've had my scalp sunburned many times. The top/crease of my ear was the last to get better. It was sensitive when I'd put on glasses. I never could find the numb spot, he said I might get, as a result of the excision of the Lesser Occ, but then he told me not everyone gets it. Are you a patient of the Headache Clinic there, as well?

Will you need surgs in any other areas? I had my 2nd surg with Dr D on July 27 - that one was on my temples.

08/12/2011 02:02 AM
cmiller
cmiller  
I'm an Advocate

On my last visit to my surgeon he told me a little trick for the hypersensitivity. He said grab an over the counter can of sunburn spray with some type of lanacaine or eeks something starting with B. Part the hair and spray some quick sprays. It breaks the sensitivity cycle and it worked for me in about one week my sensitivity stopped.

08/12/2011 11:37 AM
bobswifeamy
bobswifeamy  

Thanks, Chloe! Great idea!

08/12/2011 11:38 AM
bobswifeamy
bobswifeamy  

I used that spray on my stomach, when I had shingles- it helped alot!

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved