MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
11/22/2009 10:54 AM

Medicare and Neerve Decompression Surgery

CaptainDeb

Anybody out there, on disability, go to Texas and have surgery with Dr Blake, or anyone else for that matter? Were you able to get Medicare Part A to pay hospital or B to pay docs?? Just beginning my search for a cure or close to it. Seven years, a lost career, no social life, and no physical activity is enough!

Capt Deb(OUCH!!!)

11/22/2009 04:16 PM
brugette
brugette  

Deb, I have medicare and am limited to the state of PA. Since it's open enrollment, I'm changing to another company that will cover me anywhere. I did call Dr. Perry's office and spoke to a staff member who said that they would accept the insurance, however, all insurance companies are fighting them regarding payment since this procedure they are doing is "experimental" or just because they want to be a PITA (pain in the a**). So she told me that even with prior approval/certification there's a 50/50 chance the ins. co. will pay. This is good news, believe it or not, it used to be less of a chance, but they have paid more. The ins. co. are fightening the hardest not the pay for those who have to come back for the frontal surgery if the back of the head surgery doesn't get rid of the eye/forehead pain.

Sometimes many of us wonder which is worse, dealing the docs, ins. companies, med. staff or the disease.

Patty

11/23/2009 06:33 AM
CaptainDeb

I did not realize that medicare would limit me to a certain state--my medicare is the federal one, not private. I got it with my Social Security disability.

Capt Deb

11/23/2009 10:20 AM
brugette
brugette  

It's not the medicare that limits me, but the bc/bs supplement plan that limits me (HMO), so that's why I'm changing plans to a supplement that will cover me nationwide.

I'm on SSD also, since I settled my workman's comp claim 2/07. I'm still learning what a mess SSD is and the different supplement plans you can get. It's just one more thing to deal with that makes me crazy.

Patty

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved