MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
11/16/2009 10:28 PM

High blood pressure

tomuchpain
tomuchpain  

I have noticed that ever since I have had this occipital nerve pain and dizzyness that whenever I have my blood pressure taken it's a lot higher then usual. I have been having headaches 24/7 along with this nerve stuff and so much pressure in the back and front of my head. Does anyone notice that there headaches make there blood pressure go up. I know you can get a headache from high blood pressure but my blood pressure has always been fine until all this crazy occipital stuff happened. I feel like my headaches have gotten worse. It feels like I have 5 or so different headaches going on at one time now.... Angry Dizzy

Thanks,

Cheryl

11/17/2009 04:54 AM
bmac
I'm an Advocate

Cheryl - My pressure never goes up when i have a headache - i've always been surprised by this.

last night i had a very itchy scalp - first time for this. have you or anyone else experienced an itchy scalp?

seems there is alway something new with ON.

BMac

11/17/2009 06:10 AM
Trixi
Trixi  

My BP goes up with pain also.

bmac - um have definately had times of extreme scalp pain, even to the touch or brush, hurt to dry or wash hair. Don't remember itching specifically..but who know's I get so many weird sensations with this stuff! Like my head skin tightening....strange.....

Hugs

Trix

11/17/2009 08:33 AM
Cait01
Cait01  

Chery,

I went on BP med at same time this started & worst headache went away - I say there is a connection but my doc would probably say no. But pain does cause bP to raise.

Cait

11/17/2009 08:54 AM
brugette
brugette  

Cheryl, my BP has been up when I've been checked at the docs and am having bad headache/pain. Weird, but I've heard this from others.

bmac - this is strange, but over the past 5-6 weeks I've had areas on the top and back of my scalp has had areas that feel like a small bump or raised vein and it's irritating and a little itchy, it seems to be spreading slowly. It's almost like a bump with a tail coming out of it, you can feel it, strange. I was wondering if mine was related to the C5&6 facet block I got a month before this happened.

Patty

11/17/2009 01:01 PM
bmac
I'm an Advocate

Hi - I get all of the sensations you mentioned - itching is something new. it kept me awake most of the night so i hope it was just a one night thingSmile

11/17/2009 04:35 PM
tomuchpain
tomuchpain  

bmac

my scalp is weird like that too. Sometimes it hurts so badly to touch it. I get a lot of pressure on the top of my head, a lot of the time it feels slightly numb and sometimes it itches. Not terribly though. Just a little. I feel like my head and neck are not even a part of my body anymore. Its like something else has taken it over. I can't even think straight half of the time. It feels like my head is always drugged up all the time. Does anyone else feel like this?

Cait01

I think I will as my doctor if he thinks these other headaches that I have been getting maybe due to my blood pressure. It seems to be running around 130/85. Before all this ON stuff started happening it would always run around 104/75..???

Patty,

Sometimes when the pain in my neck gets really bad near my nerves or one my nerves I feel a lump too. Its like a long lump like maybe it is a blood vessel that is inflammed. It weird. It only last a short time but boy does this hurt.

Trixi,

Hopefully my BP is only going up because of the pain. I truly hope that I don't have to go on anymore medication.Dizzy

Thanks everyone,

Hugs

Cheryl

Post edited by: tomuchpain, at: 11/17/2009 04:37 PM

11/17/2009 05:44 PM
snelko
snelko  

I never had any blood pressure problems.

However, in addition to having pain of the scalp, I would have these bouts of itchiness.

Sandy

11/18/2009 11:22 AM
brugette
brugette  

I love you guys, I was really beginning to worry about the lumps/bumps and itchiness. Now I'm not as worried, just not thrilled to have to deal with another new issue.

Take care all, Patty

01/11/2010 07:54 PM
MelRose
MelRosePosts: 120

My blood pressure went very high 180/110 when I felt the gushing pain and pressure from the neck forward. The next day, it was 90/60. My blood pressure has been erratic ever since. Ever since Dr. Blake diagnosed me with ON, my blood pressure goes all over the place. I have asked different doctors and no one can give me an answer. It is very scary. Today I saw a cardiologist for this very reason to see what is going on. When I left my home it was 118/80 (normal); nurse checked it it was 140/90; cardiologist check it and it was up to 180/110. He said I needed more bp medication. Fine. But he couldn't answer any questions that I had about it going up and down. He also told me that I probably didn't have ON, that the headaches are from blood pressure!! He simply wanted to write another prescription (which I'm sure I need); but I asked him to please give me some info on the new drug and if it could interfere with my other meds; he was so rude, he literally rolled his eyes at me and said no, it won't interfere with your other drugs and he proceeded to tell me that he'd spent enough time with me! Can you believe this! I have the worst luck with doctors in Houston! Except for Dr. Blake. I have decided to call the Debakey Center Downtown Houston -- surely there will be someone who won't mind spending some time answering my questions about my health concerns. It's so funny how some doctors are so quick to push you out the door. This is serious, scary stuff, you don't mess with your blood pressure. I just wanted some clarification. It's getting to the point that I have little faith in most doctors. I have been wondering how many others with ON have erratic blood pressure issues. I would love to hear back.

Post edited by: MelRose, at: 01/11/2010 08:18 PM

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved