MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
05/20/2012 11:05 PM

OCD

Nimphadora

does anyone else have the fear that if they don't close the door or a window someone will get them Sad

05/21/2012 08:49 AM
Asphikenna

Hi Nimphadora! And YES! As my husband says, I have unrealistic fears about intruders. All doors and windows have to be locked at all times (day or night, home or not) and the window cannot be left open without someone in the room. I'm just too paranoid and worried that someone will just walk in or come in. I also have to check both closets in the bedroom 2-3 times before going to bed (to ensure no one did come in) and the doors HAVE to be shut in order for me to be able to sleep. I think it's a little of OCD and a little of paranoia. I'm going to blame the paranoia on the area I live in and the horror stories I heard in law school... Hugs to you my dear!

05/22/2012 06:56 PM
Nimphadora

that exactly what happens to me its just irrational fears do u see a therapist?? Laughing

05/23/2012 09:11 AM
indiia

I have that fear to, and its really hard to sleep at night, I have to have my door in a perfect position, it has to be closed but not on the latch closed. This is becuase I am scared someone will come in though the door so I close it, but I want my parents to hear me if someone comes through the window so I dont close its completly. - Its crazy hey! But due to all my over Obsesive compulsions I now see a therapist, and I have finanly admitted to myself how seriours OCD is and how it effects my life. If you feel it is effecting your life just book an appoinment with a therapist, there so friendly and they just talk to you so nicely, and they help you x

05/25/2012 08:44 PM
Nimphadora

I already see a therapist its nice to think i am no the only one cause sometimes i think i'm crazy Laughing

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved