MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
09/28/2008 12:26 AM

Hi, I hace OCD, started when I had panic attacks

Chanda
Chanda  
VIP Member

After I had panic attacks for a long time, all of a sudden, I was noticing, I have OCD also. I am a germ freak! I wash my hands so much that they grt chapped, then I have to put lotion on my hands and I rub it in until it feels even. Im sure, there is alot of other things, I do, lol, but I will start with this. Oh and my newest thing is blowing off my germs, lol, if i feel like my finger has a germ on it, I blow it, lol, sounds crazy, but the more ppl say dont do that, the more, im like OMGosh, I have to.

Post edited by: Chanda, at: 09/28/2008 00:28

09/28/2008 04:04 AM
Flaco73
Flaco73  

I find i get far more nauseous than i used to. i just suddenly feel icky, then it makes me nauseous.

09/28/2008 11:26 PM
Chanda
Chanda  
VIP Member

I think about stupid stuff til I drive myself nuts and put myself into a panic attack, it is all exhausting!

09/29/2008 02:02 AM
starblazer63

I have a friend who takes a shower twice a day. Not everone can do that but I am starting to wonder if she may have ocd. She explained to me this card thing she use to have to do and she would clean her house by whatever number she picked. She doesnt do that anymore she says but I told her it sounded like somewhat related to ocd. She would go by what ever number gave up on her card game. She tell's me she has bipolar disorder because that is what the doctor diagnoised her as but she doesnt show a bipolar 1 she shows more of a two since she gets depressed easily. She hasn't harmed herself so that is why i think she is a two. i believe that a phyctirst should determine your illnesses than a doctor. To me before you find out what you have to that you should take there 100 question diagnois test so that the phyctrist can tell what you may have and put you on the right medications. anyway's I am sorry you are going thorough alot with panic attacks and ocd. Even when they do find a medication to work for any of us we still find ourselfs doing things we don't like to do. i wish they would find away to just completly stop all things we have go wrong with us but it doesn't seem to work that way right now untill scientist find the cure for any mental illnesses.

09/29/2008 04:59 PM
Flaco73
Flaco73  

My cleanliness issues are odd, and almost comically contradict themselves. i have definitely had periods of 2-3 showers a day, while my home, and even more so, car, are total disasters, from a cleanliness standpoint. It's like i have selective cleanliness......or OCD with a touch of laziness Wink

12/23/2008 07:34 PM
Sneaks
Sneaks  

When I feel tingling on my hands, I instantly think "OMG it's a GERM!" and I either put endless amounts of hand sanitizer on, wash my hands or start wiping my hands on my jeans: Something familiar.

12/23/2008 11:55 PM
Chanda
Chanda  
VIP Member

Thats how I am too. The whole feeling like germs are on me makes me nuts and I wash my hands alot and my lotion has to be even when i put it on, etc.

12/25/2008 02:07 AM
starblazer63

as far as my friend taking so many showers she admited to me a month ago she hast to keep track of how many games she loses and wins. if she loses a game she hast to either take a shower or clean something in her house. she has bipolar and i see it in her but i also told her it sounds like she may have ocd because it is almost like she is making a list of how many games she wins or loses because she keeps track on paper and doesnt do the card thing like she did. as for the shower though i do think it is almost like someone washing their hands alot because of fear of germs and that could be another reason she has to take alot of showers. she told me she doesn't tell no one because they may think she is crazy but i told her i don't think she should feel that way because i told her if she does have ocd it isn't nothing to be afraid of and that she cant help what she does. i also told her it is hard to give up somethings we do because i know i do. i told her she is the only one who can change what she does.

12/25/2008 02:08 AM
starblazer63

i find myself thinking constantly and it puts me in a stress attack. i don;t panic but i just get stressed thinking about it over and over. i know how you feel chanda.

12/25/2008 02:13 AM
starblazer63

i was wrong to think my friend didn't have bipolar, because after getting to know her more i see that in her besides the feeling she may have ocd. her doctor was correct on the bipolar but i think they don't know she has ocd possibly since she doesnt discuss it with her doctor. i think i mentioned to her that she should tell the doctor so they know. she is on paxil which helps her depression but if she did have councling to help her learn to deal with her ocd it would help her if she got a diagnois on that as well. she is suppose to get therapy because of her going through a divorce and her son is suppose to as well.

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved