MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
03/07/2012 11:13 PM

Hey everybody

GothicxTragedy
GothicxTragedy  

Hey. How are you all doing? I am really stressing out now. I am depressed and I live in a toxic environment. Me and my best friend just broke off our friendship of 8 years and I have just shoved all of my feelings away. My parents can't stop fighting and somehow I always get put into the middle of it. My dad tried to beat my mom up the other day. He hasn't ever done more than screaming. It really scared me and I was holding him off of her and I couldn't stop crying. My gay nephew moved in with us and he is really helpful but the whole family is starting fights because he is here and I have been binge eating non stop. I am way over 300 lbs and my doctors really want me to lose weight and I want to. I am just scared and not really sure even where to start. Is all hope lost for me?

04/12/2012 11:10 AM
curious198f
curious198f  

I understand how that can take a toll on your body,emotions etc... For I too struggle with my weight and the turning to food as a comforting way to comfort myself I'm 26 years old n I weigh 300 pounds and suffer from Major depression/manic depression n a few more issues n I think wat got me was losing my baby at 21mos.old that's when I really stop caring in turn to food then also the failed relationships n the constant arguing with my family members. Well I'm here to support u n to be a shoulder to cry on when you need one... Please don't give up and if u need some one to talk to we can exchange numbers but in the meantime try writing about how u feel, go for a lil scroll in the park. Try cutting some breads out n pops cause that played a big role with me gaining this weight also try cutting bread Also starchy foods out of some of what u eat down n try to limited the sugary snacks. Those R some of my things I do n its working because I lost 40 pounds when I first started I was 340 n now I'm 300 also I stand 5'4 so u know that was a lot for my height also my doctor prescribed me some diet pills just for obese people so that's helping with the not feeling hungry all the time Smile. If you need the support I'm always here n don't worry bout ur family I've learned you can't fix everything! But just try your best to do what's right for you and also the friend situation it'll work its self out just give it time Smile. Also tell ur self ur beautiful n that your worth it n trust you'll feel better. Also u can add me as a friend!!! Take care sweetie n don't give up Smile

04/12/2012 11:48 AM
maliburobin

Thanks for the words of encouragement. It is always nice to hear what other people are doing to lose weight. I wish I could talk my doctor into giving me something to help me start losing weight. I just need to see that scale move and get some positive feelings to get motivated! I have read a lot of the comments on this site and really think coming here and listening to what people are going through, good and bad, is a blessing. Sometimes it just helps to know you are not alone....

04/13/2012 06:39 AM
curious198f
curious198f  

Anytime also just remember sometimes you have to encourage yourself. We sometimes let things we have no control over define who we R or stress us I've learn even if no one else speaks good words to me or say em about me... I've learned to just let em b!! But whenever u need a friend or just an ear PM me. Also good luck n keep mE posted!!

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved